United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) unites the community to identify and solve our most critical issues. We are dedicated to improving people's lives and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes and investing in programs that prevent problems from happening in the first place for those in need. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four impact areas: preparing children for kindergarten; empowering students to graduate and reach their full potential; helping individuals and families become self-sufficient; providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Grant Staff Accountant I is responsible for assisting the Director of Grant Accounting and other staff in overall project coordination and subcontractor check requests, processing and overall support. UWSA successfully manages multiple state grants, which provides program funding including pay and benefits for team members involved in servicing those grants. This position is grant funded, thus continued employment is contingent upon awarded grant funding. UWSA applies for Grants that align with the community impact work it facilitates and provides. Grants are awarded for a fixed duration (typically 3 to 5 years) but are generally renewable.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Maintain Federal, State and Private Grant contracts
• Prepare billing to Federal, State, Private grantors
• Prepare and review financial documents, reports and statements
• Review, prepare and process all payables related to Federal, State and Private Grants
• Assist the Director of Grant Accounting in 1.) preparing and presenting updates on federal, state and private grants to appropriate internal and external stakeholders; and , 2.) developing a process guide for primary duties and responsibilities.
• Maintain files for all accounts payable relating to Federal, State and Private Grants
• Review and prepare Federal, State and Private Grant monthly sub-contractor invoices, supporting documentation and check requests for payment
• Populate payroll and General Ledger transactions monthly to internal financial reconciliation for all programs
• Research various account balances/activity as needed
• Review and examine co-investment on the Impact Council program investments
• Assist with internal reviews of programs
• Prepare monthly journal entries
• Prepare and maintain compliance related documents for grantors
• Assist in fiscal year end close, annual reports, reconciliation and adjusting journal entries
• Assist with desk reviews, program audits and the annual fiscal and single audits
• Assisting in new vendor contract setup, contract, budget and reporting forms
• Create standardized reporting forms for contracts as necessary.
• Assist with coverage of Front Desk duties as needed
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree, required, bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
• Budget and fiscal management.
• One to three years of experience.
• Strong relationships in the nonprofit, public and private sectors.
• Background in working with volunteers and residents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES INFORMATION
• Professional demeanor, confident and goal oriented.
• Attention to detail in a multitasking environment.
• Outgoing, self-motivated and creative.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Word, Excel and Adobe
• Strategic thinking.
• Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Facilitation and presentation skills and experience.
• Knowledge of Results-Based Accountability™, preferred.
• Data utilization expertise related to community issues.
• Budget management experience.
• Relationship management with a broad array of individuals and organizations.
UNITED WAY COMPETENCIES
__X_ Core Competencies (all United Way Professionals):
Mission Focused, Relationship Oriented, Collaborator, Results Driven, Brand Steward
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
• Normal nonprofit office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
• Extended work on personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
• Reliable transportation required with the ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events locally, routinely and around the state and nationally, occasionally.
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Sedentary work on a PC; sitting for extended periods of time, routinely.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
• Movement within the office and during external meeting and events, regularly.
• Bends, stoops and twists, occasionally.
• Exerts up to 25 lbs. of force, occasionally.
• Facilitates, presents and collaboratively interacts with others, routinely.
• Perform repetitive tasks, i.e., typing and texting, routinely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UWSA will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations if reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application, interview process, or to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org