The Foundation Grants Manager will oversee all aspects of grants management –pre- and post-award. The position requires strong writing, analytical and problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of the lifecycle of the grants process. The Grants Manager must be a self-starter, well-organized and naturally curious about grants processes and how to help streamline policies to maximize organizational strategy.
The Grants Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Prospect research, including identifying new foundation funders, background research on program officer activities/specializations for current and prospective funders, and tracking grant awards received by regional United Ways offices and other like-minded organizations;
* Managing deadlines on a quarterly basis, working with the foundation team to set priorities, deadlines to review and edits drafts, and other activities so that program staff can prioritize proposal development;
* Attending program meetings with the foundation team, as appropriate, to develop a thorough understanding of organizational priorities;
* Drafting Letters of Intent, acknowledgment letters, and assisting in developing and implementing stewardship plans;
* Drafting correspondence letters to foundation heads and program officers;
* Assisting with travel arrangements;
* Maintaining up-to-date CRM entries
* Assisting with social media to highlight foundation funding accomplishments
* Support optimization of grants administrative processes and non-financial aspects of grants project management.
Minimum requirements include:
• At least five years of fundraising experience
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• National/international fundraising experience for a global organization strongly preferred
• Prior United Way network experience a plus
The budgeted lifespan salary range for this position is currently $75,000 to $85,000 per year. Salaries are determined by several factors including applicant’s knowledge, skills, experience, position, equity, and market.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $71,000 to $80,000 per year