United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is looking for a Grants Manager who will directly support community impact by supporting the grantmaking and management functions of UWGC as a member of the Community Impact team. The role will work closely with other team members to design and implement grantmaking and management processes from launching proposals through grant final reports, provide support and technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders, research best practices, and knowledge management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Grantmaking and Grant Management Process Design and Management:
- Oversee and manage specific grantmaking and management activities (application, award, reporting, and volunteers) for funding streams, including public funding such as the City of Cincinnati Human Services Fund.
- Provide staff support to volunteer committees and work groups.
- Coordinate with other staff to design grant making and grant management processes to achieve the goals of the investment process and align to organizational values.
- Ensure critical deadlines and policies are met to maintain grants and any necessary compliance based on the funding source.
- Work closely with the analytics/ information technical department to build funding processes using a grant management software (currently e-Cimpact).
- Apply new learnings, implement best practices, and established shared practices across investment activities.
- Technical Assistance and Customer Service:
- Provide technical assistance to other staff to support use of the grant management software and partner databases.
- Write support documentation and technical assistance guides.
- Provide customer service and support to funded or applying organizations throughout grant processes.
- Research, Data and Knowledge Management:
- Research best practices and innovative grantmaking, management, or supports to inform new approaches to investments in community.
- Collect, analyze and report on data from different types of sources for varying projects and investments.
- Engage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and other tools to track partner activity.
- Support data management and evaluation practices and processes.
- Support knowledge management.
- Project Support:
- Support and, at times, lead assigned projects to support key strategies to solidify support and expand relief efforts for families across our region including, for example, the City of Cincinnati Human Services Fund.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of professional work experience in a non-profit or governmental setting is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; previous experience with CRM preferred.
- Knowledge of the civic sector, government, and non-profit human service and community development systems required.
- Knowledge of and experience with program evaluation is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service workstyle.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Adaptability and agility in balancing multiple and shifting activities and priorities.
- Personal attributes: results driven, resilient, collaborative, tolerant of ambiguity, optimistic, possesses sense of urgency, humble, adaptable, entrepreneurial, inclusive, and courageous.
Salary starting at $46,000 plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Monday, October 3, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion