United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Grant Coordinator works under the direction of the Grants Director and closely with all other UWSL departments. UWSL distributes over $2mm annually through 30+ grants per year and forecasts to raise over $6mm in grants and major gifts each year. This position has roles in both outgoing partner grant management, as well as incoming grant prospecting and proposal development. This includes supporting grant strategic planning, prospecting new funding sources, processing contracts, tracking grant revenue and forecasting and providing the Grants Director with direct assistance in grant writing, managing, budgeting, and reporting.
- Acts as the organization’s lead on outgoing grants and manages the day to day operations of this work, including being the point of contact for grantees.
- Support the strategic planning, processes, management, partner assessment and related tasks of outgoing grants management to partners.
- Ensure that partner data is collected, compiled, and analyzed and accounted for appropriately.
- Evaluate partnership strategies to be aligned with our internal bodies of work.
- Develop (as needed) and maintain processes in Salesforce, DocuSign, and ASANA, for outgoing grants, including areas of responsibilities, data collection, payment/contract processing, partnership management, and reporting efforts.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of UWSL’s initiatives, programs and core values to develop long-term strategies to secure new and renewal funding from corporations, foundations, and government sources.
- Translate USWL’s internal needs, strategy, and vision into the development of grant proposals for direct use with prospective funders.
- Supports the Grants Director in managing revenue budget, grant forecasting, and tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uses writing as a tool to leverage relationships and results. Using strong writing to adapt a message to different audiences
- Can effectively manage projects and competing priorities
- Seeks and adopts feedback from colleagues
- Proficient with Microsoft suite and other related software programs
- Strong attention to detail in documenting processes, data entry, and meeting deadlines
- Proven track record of securing government and private-organization grants
- Experience with grants finances—budgeting, reporting, and coordinating budgets
- Ability to interpret, understand, and implement grant requirements from state, federal, corporate, and foundation requirements
- Experience with Foundation Discover Online (and/or other fundraising search engines)
- Experience and familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that receives full benefits. Salary to commensurate with experience.