United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grants Administrator supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by tracking, compiling, and reporting data and financial information related to federal and state grant funding guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain strong knowledge of the requirements and guidelines of federal and state grants, including but not limited to the Community Resiliency Center.
- Maintain detailed records, invoices, and receipts of all expenses related to the operation of grants within portfolio.
- Collect and compile all result-related data including information regarding clients, volunteers, provided services and programming, referrals, collaborative meetings and partnerships.
- Compile and submit all reporting requirements as outlined by federal and state grants in accordance with mandated guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with partners, stakeholders, sub-grantees, contractors, and all parties involved in the execution of services to ensure smooth collaboration and information-sharing.
- Review, confirm, and maintain strong knowledge of all requirements outlined in contracts and Memorandum of Understanding documents and contracts involving grant-related activities.
- Compile and manage contracts and agreements necessary to facilitate relationships with contractors and sub-grantees, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with City, County, State and Federal officials and staff to relay information related to grant management and provided services.
- Maintain working knowledge of the status of programs, engagement, and initiatives to fully participate and provide status updates, when necessary.
- Seek and maintain strong community partnerships with local service providers and potential supporters.
- Cultivate a strong collaborative of response and engagement in the Community Resiliency Center by convening partners to assess community needs and strategically execute programs in collaboration with partners.
- Participate in recurring program and strategic meetings to assist in shaping the vision of UWEPC Community Impact products and partnerships in relation to the Community Resiliency Center.
- Advocate for UWEPC Community Impact products with community partners and stakeholders. Research new programs and services that may be relevant to the mission and values of UWEPC.
- Develop and cultivate successful strategic business/personal relationships.
- Facilitate relationships with partners for direct services to clients including reporting, and information-sharing.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships within corporate accounts.
- Attend key community events and activities as a way to promote United Way of El Paso County’s mission, vision and core values becoming a defined community ambassador for United Way, in particular as it relates to the Community Resiliency Center and disaster response.
- Cultivate community support for United Way by maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses and individuals.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
- Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams; Intermediate knowledge of case management software and workflow.
- Equity Mindset
- Network Mindset
- Learning Mindset
- Think Strategically
Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact.
- Promote Collaboration
Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Engage and Inspire
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Inspire Trust
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Focus on Community
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to non-profit or organizational management, business, health and human services, finance, accounting or administration, plus three years of work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector and government funding is essential. Skills in grant management and reporting, program management and finance management are desired.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.