July 10, 2019
Position Title: Grant Administrator
Supervisor: Marci Martinez-Howey, Sr. Director, Finance
Position Status: Part-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt – 25 hour per week
This member of the finance team ensures we are accurately documenting and reporting all grant expenditures to grantors and acts as the Finance liaison between the grant writer and Impact department. Grants currently administered include Federal, State, County and Private Foundation. Initiatives currently managed include those provided through the PBS LV Reads Partnership, the Bank On Initiative and the Leader In Me Initiative. In addition the position provides the financial oversight to ensure non-duplication of staff time and resources across grants, will work to secure a federal indirect cost rate and creates budgets for new grant applications.
Tactical responsibilities include tracking and documenting all grant spending, managing accounts receivables and accounts payables for grants and initiatives and providing all financial reporting required by grantors.
Work Experience and/or Education
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the non-profit sector a range of the following: finance, grant writing, grant administration, general administrative, data management or project management. Relevant experience in other sectors or related education considered in lieu of work experience.
- Proficient in the administration of grants
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Experience with basic accounting functions: AP, AR, budgeting, interpreting financial statements
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to the hourly pay and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 1%-2% of base pay. The benefits package includes medical and dental insurance subsidized at 80% for employees and their dependents, life and ltd insurance fully paid and an employee funded vision insurance option. UWGLV begins contributing a 5% of salary direct contribution and up to a 2% of salary match to the 401k at the 1 year anniversary (3 year cliff vested). Eleven paid holidays, 5 sick days, 3 days to volunteer, 15 PTO days as well as an assortment of special use leave days are provided per year, starting in the first year. PTO days increase with years of service. Our beautiful modern office includes an on-site cafeteria, free parking and a free gym.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail a resume and/or cover letter to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources