POSITION TITLE: Grant Writing Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Operations
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance and Operations
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – 62,000
SUMMARY: This position with United Way of Greater Chattanooga (UWGC) will plan, organize, and implement a robust major governmental, corporate, and foundation grant solicitation program. This position will work in collaboration with all departments as well as a variety of community partners and funders, including government, foundations, individuals and corporate donors to oversee the entire scope of the grant development and management process. The grant process includes effective research and identification of prospective funding sources, grant applications writing and management, clear and consistent communication with all internal and external stakeholders, compliance management and oversight, and performance and financial reporting.
This position will develop external relationships focused on developing partnerships, program design, initial contract negotiation, agreements, reporting and ongoing grant compliance. This position works closely with appropriate staff to ensure the collection of relevant data and development and measurement of performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Based on a working knowledge of community needs and UWGC strategic initiatives, develop and implement a comprehensive plan to secure new and maintain renewable grant funding from a variety of local, state, and national sources.
• Grant prospect identification utilizing foundation research resources, state and federal government grant opportunities, and leads from engagement and impact staff.
• Develop and maintain an accurate and updated prospect to completion inventory and comprehensive grant cycle project management tool of all grants.
• Ensure grant award and contract performance requirements have been developed in conjunction with those performing the work and clearly communicated upon finalization.
• Perform continuous grant oversight, monitoring, reporting and compliance.
• Make recommendations and provide grant-related technical assistance to internal and external partners to ensure compliant performance and timely reporting.
• Follow policies and procedures to
▫ Develop and submit clear and compelling proposals for grants; obtain feedback on written proposals as warranted.
▫ Seek appropriate grant submission approval, ensuring leadership has the information necessary to make an informed decision regarding pursuit of grant opportunities.
▫ Track and report annual grant revenue on a timely basis.
▫ Provide grant reports, as requested and required, and provide information on new grant opportunities, staff compliance needs and reporting deadlines.
• Work in conjunction with other UWGC staff to establish relationships with community organizations for the purpose of identifying and creating opportunities for collaboration.
• Provide other duties and special projects for UWGC as assigned.
SKILLS and QUALITIES:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the needs of all departments at UWGC and as they relate to the UWGC strategies, mission and vision.
• Able to work with the interests and opinions of several internal and external stakeholders to develop and communicate final decisions in the best interest of all.
• Effective writing and communication skills as well as an understanding of effective proposal content, grant reporting standards and grant term compliance
• Strong project management skills including effective collaboration with others; strong attention to detail and can easily comprehend and utilize research documents.
• Organizational and strong time management with proven ability to manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines.
• Strong presentation skills – 1x1, small group, and large group. Good listener and able to work with different communication styles. An ability to train staff and community groups.
• Writes clearly and effectively. Varies writing style to meet grantor expectations and program needs; understands and presents necessary numerical and statistical data to support critical points; ability to present requested information in a way that stands out creatively.
• Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; consistently models desired behaviors and values established by UWGC. Respectful of diverse perspectives in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style.
• Analyzes and uses data to make data-informed decisions. Drives execution, initiates action, and follows up to successful completion; demonstrates effective problem solving.
• Able to build and maintain partnerships internally and externally. Contribute to team and organization success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
• 4+ years of grant writing and management or directly applicable experience.
• Experience with federal, state, foundation and other grants.
• Demonstrated appreciation and affinity for people from diverse backgrounds and interests, including volunteers, staff, donors, and external stakeholders.
• Proven experience in a role requiring effective project management, communication skills, high-level decision-making ability, and excellent judgment.
• Strong initiative with solid organizational and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Demonstrated ability in managing complex tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Proven ability to address challenges through a creative and professional approach.
• Knowledge of, or experience in, generating funding for collective impact strategies and programs is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with strength in Microsoft 365 and Adobe.
• Bachelor’s degree
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time, exempt position expected to work at least 40 hours per week. Occasional irregular hours and weekend work may be required. UWGC offers flexible work arrangements and flexibility may be requested by the employee (such as work from home, condensed schedule).
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.