United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is looking for a Grant Writer and Outcomes Manager who will be responsible for managing all grant prospecting and writing for UWGC by working collaborating with Impact and Resource Development team members. This role serves as a key connector and information manager for (incoming) grants to ensure all project timelines, budgets and reporting requirements are met. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of all funded projects in collaboration with the project leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Grant Prospecting and Writing:
- Maintain prospecting priorities in alignment with United Way’s strategic framework and business plan and regularly research potential federal and state grant opportunities, and private foundation grant opportunities.
- Prepares proposals by collaborating with other team members to: determine concepts, content, gather and format information, write drafts and obtain approval before submission.
- Submit grant requests through the required platforms or processes required by each grantor.
- Coordinates and follows-up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Provide oversight to the grants administration function, suggest improvements and enhance the experience for all team members.
- Project Management & Grant Compliance:
- Maintains primary responsibility for grant schedules and tracking grants utilizing Teams and CRM (salesforce) systems.
- Develops and maintains a master file on pending grants and contracts.
- Prove project management to track all critical deadlines and tasks for each grant; assigning specific tasks as needed to other team members.
- Understand and communicate all requirements/ restrictions or compliance considerations for the grant.
- Grant Reporting and Outcome Management:
- Lead reporting process for all foundation, corporate and federal grants in close partnership with Impact project leads.
- Regularly compile and maintain outcome data on all impact efforts, grant projects and community indicators in partnership with the Knowledge Center.
- Support internal processes to ensure impact data is accurate, consistent and timely.
- Collaborate with Analytics and IT as needed to request complex analysis and improve data collection systems.
- Relationship Management:
- Manage internal processes to identify projects and build relationships with national and community partners who are aligned and/or funding United Way priorities.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all grantors.
- Support planning community events or meetings to cultivate or maintain relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of four years of direct experience in resource development or grants management and demonstration of relationship cultivation is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; previous grant management software systems and salesforce experience.
- Strong proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Experience with outcome measurement or performance tracking in a nonprofit setting.
- Employment experiences which demonstrate successful practice of internal collaboration and project management.
- Familiarity with foundations and/or state/federal departments.
Competencies: Strong Communication Skills – Verbal and Written, Excellent Time/Project Management Skills, Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders, Experience communicating impact and tracking performance on projects, Highly developed attention to detail and organizational/strategic planning skills, Positive and collaborative attitude
Salary starting at $46,000 plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, October 19, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion