Purpose of Position: To research relevant and highly probable grant opportunities at the local, regional, state and federal levels. Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents that result in awarded funds to support United Way programs and operations. This position will generally require 2 days/week or 16 hours/week, but may vary contingent upon grant timelines and deadlines. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends and must be available ot meet with United Way of the Capital Region staff when necessary for grant development during regular business hours, M-F, 8:30am - 4:00pm.
- Lead, operationalize & develop systems to support product development.
- Raise revenue through grants.
- Network and engage with local state and national funders.
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants.
- Launch & coordinate implementation of new grant activities
- Collect support data and information.
- Write each grant in compliance with grant guidelines and framework.
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals.
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills.
- Able to effectively communicate.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.