JOB TITLE: Grant Staff Accountant JOB CODE:
TEAM: PCC, Grants FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE: September 5, 2019 Salary: $36,000 - $40,0000
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Grant Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Director, Grant Accounting and other staff in overall project coordination and sub- contractor check request support and processing.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Preparing and processing all invoices for payment
- Preparing federal and state monthly sub-contractor check requests for payment
- Maintaining files for all accounts payable relating to federal and state contracts
- Populate payroll and General Ledger transactions monthly to internal Financial Checklist reconciliation for all programs
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Prepare State Form 2030 (Excel file) and Purchase Voucher Form 4116 (Word file) for all programs
- Assisting in new vendor contract setup, contract, budget and reporting forms
- Managing all purchase of service payables related to federal, state sub-contractor and private grant requests for payment
- Create standardized reporting forms for contracts as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree or work experience in related field.
- Three to five year’s work experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) and database proficiency required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Office management experience preferred
- Bi-lingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred
- Background working with volunteers and residents
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- For more information on United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County visit https://www.unitedwaysatx.org.
To apply, please visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email. Should you experience problems in accessing the application submission form, please contact United Way at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted via the form linked above.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Team members may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor