Group/Team: Impact & Engagement
Reports To: VP of Impact & Engagement
Minimum Salary: $42,000
The Grant Management Associate is responsible for supporting the administration of all federal, state, local and private grants, ensuring United Way is actively seeking grants, developing strong grant applications, and once received, remains in compliance and meeting all deliverables and reporting requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Grant Prospecting and Writing
- Utilize online research and/or grant prospecting software (Foundation Search) to identify grant opportunities.
- Coordinate with other staff members to develop and submit grant applications.
Grant Compliance & Reporting
- Oversee approved funding contracts/grant agreements to ensure that documentation and reporting requirements are met prior to due dates.
- Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with grantor expectations and organizational needs and objectives.
- Responsible for external monitoring visits, reviews, audits, and cross-site evaluations.
- Attend team meetings, committee meetings, and workgroups, as necessary.
- Keep a master tracking spreadsheet of grant renewal dates, reporting dates, and new grant due dates.
- Work with Finance Team to approve grant budgets and maintain supporting schedules to support proper accounting treatment of grants.
- Annual review and update of Grant Management Policies.
- Support Community Impact team in the management of UWBCKR grant processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with set deadlines/guidelines.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work volume while maintaining high quality standards.
- High level of independent thinking and judgment, combined with solid logical and ethical reasoning.
- Good organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous grant writing, grant management and/or project management experience required.
- Previous experience developing or executing against program budgets required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications.