The United Way of El Paso County is an independent, locally governed and community-supported nonprofit agency that is focused on identifying and making a measurable change in four areas: Education, Basic Needs, Health and Financial Stability through funding, advocacy, creating collaborative partnerships, and developing volunteer resources. The organization, which has been in El Paso for more than 95 years, focuses on creating long-term, lasting change to make El Paso a better community for everyone. United Way also serves as the manager/fiscal agent for the city, county and state employee campaigns.
Unite and mobilize the El Paso community around focused effort that:
- connects our most vulnerable to basic needs,
- closes educational achievement gaps,
- promotes lifelong financial stability for all El Pasoans,
- and connects people with opportunities to give, advocate, and volunteer.
El Paso County is the premier multi-cultural community in which to raise a family.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grant Administrator supports the mission of El Paso United Community Assistance Center by tracking, compiling, and reporting information related to federal and state grant funding guidelines. The Grant Administrator supports United Way of El Paso County’s efforts in response to the August 3rd shooting as the backbone of the Community Assistance Center under the guidance of the Director.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintain strong knowledge of the requirements and guidelines of federal and state grants supporting the El Paso United Community Assistance Center, including but not limited to Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and Antiterrorism and Emergency Assistance Program (AEAP).
- Maintain detailed records, invoices, and receipts of all expenses related to the operation of the El Paso United Community Assistance Center.
- Collect and compile all result-related data including information regarding clients, volunteers, provided services and programming, referrals, collaborative meetings and partnerships.
- Compile and submit all reporting requirements as outlined by federal and state grants in accordance with mandated guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with partners, stakeholders, sub-grantees, contractors, and all parties involved in the execution of the Community Assistance Center to ensure smooth collaboration and information-sharing.
- Review, confirm, and maintain strong knowledge of all requirements outlined in contracts and Memorandum of Understanding documents involving United Way of El Paso County and implementation of the El Paso United Community Assistance Center.
- Compile contracts and agreements necessary to facilitate relationships with contractors and sub-grantees, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with City and County officials and staff to relay information related to grant management and provided services.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to non-profit or organizational management, business, health and human services, finance, accounting or administration, plus three years of work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector and government funding is essential. Skills in grant management and reporting, program management and finance management are desired.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.