This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Gifts in Kind program, to tracking donations, acknowledgement of gifts and correspondence.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Job Duties (Gifts in Kind)
- Manages the day to day operations of the Gifts In Kind program.
- Keeps track of donations from donors, both individual and corporate.
- Sends out thank you letter to donors to acknowledge their gifts.
- Corresponds with and sends out information electronically and by phone to member Gifts in Kind agencies about donated products available at a donor site.
- Sends out annual application to member Gifts In Kind agencies and tracks membership.
- Responsible for the relationship with Good 360, and all related paperwork for donations to our local area.
- May cultivate relationships with corporate donors on an ongoing basis when appropriate.
- Prepares audit work-papers related to the Gifts In Kind program as part of the United Way of Pierce County annual audit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work; They are not intended to be an extensive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
This position report to the Chief Financial Officer
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years sales relationship and customer service experience required
- Warehouse/distribution center management experience preferred
- Excellence in communications – written, verbal and demonstrated public speaking ability
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and manage a variety of responsibilities. Demonstrated knowledge of computers, PC software and database.
- Safe driving record required.
Job Skills and Demonstrated Abilities
- This position requires frequent and routine public contact as well as protracted conditions which can be described as extremely fast-paced on a routine basis.
- Projects a poised and professional image.
- Is well organized.
- Listens well and learns from others, including one’s own staff.
- Must be comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Pays attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Possesses a customer service orientation.
- Ability to present and share information about the GIK program relating to new donors.
Managing the day to day operations of the Gift in Kind Program (GIK)
- Receive all calls regarding donations
- Collect, unpack and merchandise all incoming donations from individuals, corporate, and local businesses
- Prepare all incoming donations, and ready the Distribution Center (DC) for weekly distributions
- Track and enter all donations into an excel spreadsheet, keeping accurate records of all incoming donations from inception to distribution.
- Track value of all goods received through GIK DC
- Contact agencies regarding weekly distribution, and inform the agencies of any donations too large to store at the DC.
- Complete all applications to partner with other organizations (ex., Good 360 & World Vision)
- Continually search for new partners for added donations.
- Ability to lift, load/unload boxes weighing up to, but not to exceed 75lbs.
- Ability to drive company van and pick up donations on a by-weekly basis as scheduled
- Provide safe/secure place to park company van overnight; to include weekends.
This position requires a valid driver’s license, proof of active insurance, and a clear driving record. Must be able to pass a drug screening test if requested.
Total hours not to exceed 24 in 5 day work week.
Hourly pay rate: $17 to $19 per hour DOQ