United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Operations and Administration Team as a Gift Accounting Specialist.
This position records gifts, pledges and payments using a variety of applications and processes, and adjusts transactions as needed. The position also supports collection efforts, cash forecasting and proper recording of income and accounts receivable by conducting research, performing quality assurance reviews and communicating with company representatives.
- Records gifts, pledges and payments, adjusts transactions, updates and adds constituents and contact information from a variety of sources using a variety of interfaces and processes.
- Verifies correct posting of cash receipts supporting general ledger journal entries.
- Reconciles unposted payments in cash receipts database.
- Analyzes pledge receivables for collection, performs collection follow-up with companies and third party processors and coordinates such efforts with teammates and Development colleagues.
- Monitors gifts in process and works with teammates to identify and resolve issues.
- Monitors Exact Pay payroll payment application anomalies and works with company payroll coordinators, teammates and Development colleagues to resolve them.
- Images and archives gift information and maintains team files.
- Works with other departments and teammates to research and resolve internal and external inquiries and recommends and implements improvements to enhance donor experience and operational efficiency.
- Prepares reports or other analyses based on giving or constituent information.
- Creates and/or maintains electronic records for donor designated 501c3 agencies and programs, and for UWKC giving products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce accurate results.
- Effective time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize independently.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and understanding of correct usage of business English grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing team environment.
- Ability to perform basic business math and accurate data entry.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access).
Education and/or Experience
Associates’ degree, or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, or a related field. Must have at least three years’ experience in a data processing or office administration.
The annual recruitment range is from $46,500 to $49,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. The position is open until filled; first review will be December 18, 2018 - don't hesitate, please apply today.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.