About United Way of Massachusetts Bay
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community, and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
We offer excellent benefits including a BCBS PPO plan, dental, a 401k retirement savings with company match and an employer base contribution, a generous PTO policy which includes extended holiday time and summer hours. We also are offering staff a hybrid work schedule in a brand new office environment.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Funds Processing Specialist is responsible for the processing of all workplace campaigns and gift data on a timely and accurate basis. Reviews and processes all reports received from other United Ways and third-party processors. Develops knowledge of CRM database and other integral systems in order to complete all tasks. Collaborates with all departments to understand and deliver processing requirements. Manages timely processing of donor choice for all active campaigns, e.g., designation write-ins. Assists in the process of data integrity in the pledge processing database. Develops procedures and systems for use in ensuring financial control and provides data and reporting for departmental and management information needs. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, to ensure the efficient, timely and successful processing of all work.
Process all campaign transactions into the organization's CRM platform.
- General campaign processing
- Information received via paper pledge cards, electronic data, and internal staff
- Process confidential donations and report, as necessary
- Generate bank deposits
- Research data, as needed
- Identify and resolve exceptions
- Reconcile audit cash
- Ensure accuracy of data captured
- Develop strong working relationships with staff responsible for submitting pledge data
- Internal websites and electronic pledging
- Close and process all websites with donations on a daily basis
- Create envelopes for event and giving websites
- Identify and report any suspected fraud donations
- Reconcile any event or auction donations
- Online Gift Processing (i.e. Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud -SPC)
- Export pledge information from holding area of SPC platform, prepare and complete import into CRM platform
- Attend weekly SPC meetings, notifying internal SPC team of any issues
- Third Party Processing
- Develop working relationships with other United Ways/Frontstream
- Retrieve files from each third-party processing website
- Prepare and complete import into CRM platform
- Lock Box Banking
- Download daily deposit and identify correct owner of each check and process into CRM platform
- Adjusting any changes to financial data in CRM platform.
- Manage "write-in" designation requests that require research- identify agency information and create accounts as needed and update donor information.
- During peak times, work with HR department and temporary staffing agency to identify candidates and hire staff, as needed. Train temporary staff on all documented processing procedures
- Work with IT department to resolve any website or system issues. Test system upgrades and new websites when added.
- BS/BA in Business or related field preferred OR minimum 5 years' experience in fast-paced data entry environment
- Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience in training and delivery
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to manage and negotiate conflicting priorities
- Proficiency in Excel and Word, and proven ability to quickly learn CRM databases
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of our communities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.