Fundraising Research Analyst
Fundraising Analytics Team
Strategic Information and Intelligence Division
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Lead fundraising research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Intelligence and Information Division in support of the organization's goals and objectives. Act as a liaison between the Strategic Intelligence and Information Division, internal partners (fundraising, volunteer center, marketing, and community impact) and external partners and vendors.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Data Analytics & Research:
Manage and maintain UWCI's Azure Fundraising Data Warehouse using SQL. Create data reports, visualizations, and dashboards using PowerBI and Tableau for internal and external audiences to show results and analysis of UWCI's fundraising and engagement efforts. Perform yearly Fundraising Analysis.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the UWCI Azure Fundraising Data Warehouse to ensure appropriate data collection, reporting, and analysis of all Fundraising Data.
- Create reports, edit tables and views, and troubleshoot data quality issues within the Fundraising Data Warehouse.
- Lead the reporting and analysis of Fundraising data using SQL.
- Develop and maintain Business Intelligence (PowerBI and Tableau) dashboards to track Fundraising metrics, understand data trends, and create reports and visualizations for United Way team members.
- Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of methodology, and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data on assigned projects.
- Perform in-depth analysis of fundraising data to identify gaps in UWCI strategies and donor motivations and trends.
- Assist Prospect Research team member in performing landscape research and trends, profile creation, wealth screening data analysis and donor and prospect benchmarking.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Fundraising Research and Analytics to define and design analytical projects
- Conduct data analysis and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Prepare and present research results and related implications and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research objectives.
- Lead efforts to collect, organize, scrub, validate, and otherwise prepare large data sets from internal and external sources for research projects.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Assist with the design and implementation of internal and external reports and dashboards. Assure maintenance and standardization of fundraising data for accuracy and completeness for reporting purposes. Utilize external data sources for benchmarking in fundraising data reporting.
- Create and implement standardized reports and dashboards for a variety of audiences including executives, contributors, board members and other external stakeholders.
- Create automated reports for self-service usage for internal fundraising team members, and train team members on usage and interpretation.
- Maintain matrix of fundraising data sources and provide updates to division data calendar for fundraising data outputs.
- Assist with the data collection, preparation and completion for annual data filings for United Way worldwide
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of SQL programming language, database structures, and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data, is required.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Position Leader: Senior Director, Fundraising Research & Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Salary Range: Low to Mid 60's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.