United Way of Northwest Arkansas is Hiring a Fundraising Professional
Our fundraiser's job is to communicate the United Way mission to external stakeholders and maintain positive relationships with donors and prospective donors. Our fundraisers are often involved in recruiting volunteers, writing grant applications and proposals, coordinating events and delivering presentations—all requiring strong oral and written communication skills.
- Raise funds for United Way of Northwest Arkansas and regularly meet fundraising targets
- Research and meet with potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits, and understand how to best represent the organization to them
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities and outcomes
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Create marketing materials, like case statements and invitations, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising activities
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and identify areas where outcomes can be improved
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Maximize features within the constituent relationship management data system to track fundraising progress and donor engagement. We use Salesforce.
- Support management of a United Way Advancement Committee, a new group of community volunteers charged with expanding and sustaining the organization’s donor network.
Job Skills, Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or successful work experience in fundraising/community engagement
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work responsibly and productively from home or office
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Must have a heart for nonprofits and helping the Northwest Arkansas community thrive on all fronts
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, reporting to the executive vice president and chief advancement officer. Inquiries should be directed to:
Dina Wood, J.D.
Executive Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer
United Way of Northwest Arkansas
dwood@UnitedWayNWA.org (479) 957-3197