Fundraising Operations Manager
1015 15th Street, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005
Senior Vice President
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
United Way NCA offers competitive compensation and benefits including substantial paid leave, healthcare benefits, a matching retirement plan, and a great work environment.
Mission: United Way of the National Capital Area is committed to the health, education, and economic opportunity of every person in our community, regardless of race, gender, income, and ability.
We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of the public, private, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors, and the only organization that can mobilize the best resources and people to lead collective impact for our community. Through our Community Commitment and programmatic focus, we are transforming our region and changing the story for thousands of people in a meaningful way.
Who We Serve: The ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) population represents nearly 500,000 low- and moderate-income households in our region that earn more than the Federal Poverty Level but less than the basic cost of living for the county/state in which they live. United Way NCA’s ALICE Lives Here initiative is one of United Way NCA’s strategic programs established to address the issues of inequity in our systems for employment, education, health and food access, financial stability, and opportunities for all to grow to the best of their abilities.
Equity: Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is fundamental to our mission. We infuse DEI in all our business operations, hiring practices and community impact initiatives.
Overview: Are you driven and passionate about ensuring that everyone has equitable access to health, education, and economic opportunity? Are you a natural leader who loves to build and develop teams? Are you a change-agent who is looking to make a lasting impact in your community and within your organization? If so, you may be just what we are looking for as we expand our team. Take a closer look and reach out if you meet these qualifications.
Position Description: The Fundraising Operations Manager is responsible for leading the daily operations of the Fundraising department. Working across the Fundraising team, the Fundraising Operations, Manager will lead all development operations including but not limited to reporting, analytics, database, tracker and dashboard, CRM and grants process management, employee giving campaign coordination, and vendor relations. Acting as a liaison between Marketing & Communications, Finance, and IT, the Fundraising Operations, Manager will build upon United Way NCA’s current processes for the efficient and effective management of daily fundraising operations, providing key insights and approaches that will support the department’s goals to diversify revenue and increase awareness for United Way NCA’s community impact programs and services. The Fundraising Operations Manager will also be the department lead for the management of electronic fundraising platforms that support fundraising giving campaigns for corporate partners ensuring excellent employee engagement and experience.
- Develop and lead the strategic direction and end-to-end process of fundraising operations for the implementation and execution tools and best practices that will build on the current foundation of fundraising processes, including but not limited to reports and analysis for all categories of revenue: direct mail, individual giving, major gifts, corporate (workplace campaign, grants, sponsorships, special events).
- Responsible for data analytics to support the department on data-driven strategic advisement.
- Work cross functionally to reconcile data and reporting between Fundraising, Marketing, Finance and Community Impact (program) budgeting and revenue performance.
- Lead department KPI analysis and participate in fiscal year budget and forecasting process.
- In partnership with the Marketing and Fundraising team, Finance & IT, maintain and update donor files in a Customer Relations Management (CRM) module, ensuring integrity of donor information.
- In partnership with the Fundraising team, Finance & IT, coordinate the processing of acknowledgements, tracking all donations, recognition, and communication with donors.
- In partnership with the Marketing team, support the tracking, execution, and performance of digital fundraising efforts.
- Provide holistic department support to ensure efficient and effective practices that advance United Way NCA’s revenue and engagement goals.
Employee Giving Platform Management
- Create and maintain micro-sites for companies utilizing United Way NCA electronic giving platforms for annual employee giving campaign operations.
- Serve as the first point of contact for questions regarding employee giving platforms from end users, Corporate Relations team and United Way NCA staff.
- Partner with Corporate Relations team to provide ongoing support for the electronic giving platforms.
- Collaborate with leadership in developing and implementing strategies to identify areas of opportunity for increased and improved performance across all employee giving platforms.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Minimum five years of experience in fundraising operations, with demonstrated expertise in database management and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma, or GED with equivalent years of applicable work experience
- Experience providing customer service and user support related to data operations, customer relations management (CRMs) and/or fundraising platforms.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills, with the ability to effectively translate information to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to take a project from assignment to completion; Ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests for information and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse audiences internally and externally. Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills that include sensitivity to donor information.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
• Mission Focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
• Relationship Oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
• Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
• Results Driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations.
• Brand Steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Successful candidates must pass criminal background and reference checks.
United Way of the National Capital Area
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience