Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be optimally vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support, and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The individual works closely with the Senior Manager and other team machine members to ensure effective fundraising and engagement, accurate data capturing and results reporting, and to support the objectives & goals of the larger fundraising team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Team Support: Responsible for timely, accurate, thorough and pro-active support of the fundraising team members. Efforts include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as Team Machine's data and reporting expert; spend time in Shared CRM creating dashboards and daily pulling reports, trend analysis, researching, and updating accounts, contacts, campaign, and donor information.
- Manage the profiles, contacts, communications and results of Global Corporate Leader accounts and campaigns within Team Machine portfolio, provide Senior Manager weekly updates to optimize effective and timely engagement opportunities
- Process campaign pledges, resolve payment resolutions, and work with the Finance team to ensure the appropriate allocation of funds.
- Track account volunteer and employee coordinator engagement, campaign trends, results trends, match programs, and relevant account and donor gift history for the team's applicable follow up.
- Coordinate team tasks and meetings with Senior Manager, team members, and members of other departments to support team engagement and fundraising efforts.
- Curate and organize training materials and resources for team members to facilitate their success. Lead some of the training required for Shared CRM and other assigned needs.
- Monitor and oversee 3rd party processor accounts and portals for results reporting and campaign dates, communications, webinars, and pledge reports available through United Way Worldwide and other resources.
- Receive and enter initial workplace pledge/payment information via campaign contribution report envelopes, remote envelopes and 3rd party processor portals.
- Query organizational database and extract data as requested.
- Type & prepare correspondence, mail merges, labels & other documents.
- Troubleshoot and field general requests from donors, accounts and team members.
- Proofread and edit documents as needed and requested.
- Provide support for events, material orders and corporate engagement activities led by team members.
- Partnership: Actively participate in team meetings, providing suggestions and feedback to further the effectiveness of the team fundraising efforts.
- Organizational Support: Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Fundraising Operations, fulfill assigned roles that assure organizational success. Efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of envelopes
- Roles in the thank you process.
- Submission of regional/national results to UWW Breakfast Online
- Annual Goals: Achieve established goals. Work with the Senior Manager of Team Machine to ensure goals reflect, align, and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
- Flexibility: As with any successful organization, UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. One to Two years of administrative support related experience required. Knowledge of non-profit organizations and Salesforce CRM preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
This individual is able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Writes routine reports and correspondence. Presents information in one-on-one and/or group situations to customers, clients, managers, and other employees of the organization and/or responds to questions and complaints.
This individual routinely solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This individual makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is usually low to moderate cost.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Corporate Engagement Senior Manager
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.