Position Summary: This position is primarily responsible for volunteer recruitment and project coordination in Genesee County.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
• Community wide recruitment of volunteers for all types of projects.
• Build partnerships with corporations, universities, units of government, school districts and nonprofit entities to promote volunteerism.
• Work with school districts to encourage and implement service learning.
• Engage student service groups in volunteerism.
• Coordinate applications for city, state and national service/volunteerism awards.
• Coordinate mini-grants and resources for service engagement.
• Coordinate the United Way Day of Action and regional events.
• Assist the Civic Engagement Manger with AmeriCorps activities including recruitment and training of members; coordination of National Days of Service and service projects; aid in making the connection with service members to community based volunteers; aid in disaster volunteer response coordination and planning; and general support of the National Service Accelerator.
• Streamline volunteer opportunities and recruitment in Genesee County.
• Help create corporate social responsibility programs including advising on policies and procedures.
• Database management and tracking of volunteer statistics.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Must be detail oriented; work well with deadlines and results oriented.
• Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills including facilitation and presentation experience.
• Strong relationship-building and organizational skills.
• Early morning, evening and weekend work hours.
• Light travel
• Experience/training in the following areas: nonprofit capacity building, marketing and relationship building.
• Baccalaureate degree in English, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Accounting or related field and three (3) years of related experience;
Or, Associate Degree in a specific academic field or related discipline and eight (8) years of related experience; Or, ten (10) years of related experience.
• Candidates must demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills.
• Candidate must demonstrate computer skills.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
Send letter of interest, resume/CV and references at firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 22.2018