Monadnock United Way (MUW) is seeking a full-time professional, energetic, administrative/project assistant who wants to make a difference in this community. You will be supporting a grant funded initiative from the Preschool Development Grant (PDG) that supports regional coalition building in support of young children and their families.
You will also support the day-to-day operations at MUW. Reporting to the President and Project Manager, this position requires high level interaction and collaboration with the Monadnock United Way (MUW) President, PDG Co-directors, Staff, Board, Committees, Volunteers, Partners and a broad range of community stakeholders. A high concentration of discretion and confidence must be exercised in all matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – MUW Office
- Support for the President including scheduling, general correspondence, printing, filing and organization of files, communications with stakeholders
- Material gathering and preparation of Board Packet for the monthly Board Meeting
Events and Meeting Logistics
- Coordinate staff and board attendance and calendars for meetings and events
- Send invitations and managing RSVPs, including staff calendars
- Arrange Zoom and conference calls
- On occasion, arrange space for socially distant meetings during the Covid pandemic
- Material preparation
- Organize and maintaining physical and electronic filing systems to ensure smooth operations
- Maintain an inventory of supplies
- Greet visitors and answer phones
- Assist with mass mailings
- General administrative support during our annual campaign
Other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – PDG Grant for Regional Coalition Building
- Provide support for event and meeting logistics including technology support as needed
- Attend all meetings to record, save and share minutes in a timely manner
- Manage notes and files electronically
- Gather and organize contracts (MOUs)
- Maintain and update email lists
- Send communication emails as needed
- Maintain and organize files on sharing platform
- Support progress reporting requirements
- Support invoicing as needed
Other duties as required.
The administrative assistant must model the competencies expected of all MUW staff:
- Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and overall community well-being. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Role Model. Employee is a role model for shared leadership and advocates for collective impact principles and processes.
- Minutes taking: good oral and written communication skills
- Logistics for meeting scheduling, emailing teams, sharing info among groups: strong organizational skills
- Logistics for campaign support, collecting invoices, coding them, monitoring lightly against budget: strong organizational and basic math skills
The Administrative/Project Assistant must model and support the values of the organization:
- Results driven, innovative, passionate and committed to the mission of MUW.
- Commitment to Community Success. Make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
- Co-leadership. Empower others and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our community.
- Inclusiveness. Aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of work.
- Integrity and Accountability. Act with integrity that justifies trust.
- Innovation. Value innovation in community building to affect positive change.
Experience and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
- Embraces change and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Possesses an “All-hands on deck” attitude toward work in a small office environment
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple managers and prioritize tasks for efficient completion
- Practical knowledge of professional administrative procedures
- Premium customer service, respect, and professionalism
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and professional growth
- An Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred), especially in subjects related to business administration and/or the early childhood field. A High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of five years of experience in a progressively responsible administrative position and with a combination of education, experience and training will be considered.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent typing of 60 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to work and function with confidential information and data.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
MUW offers a complete benefits package including health insurance, group retirement plan, long and short term disability insurance, paid time off and holidays.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application review process begins the week of September 27. No phone calls, please.
MUW is committed to be a model of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued by everyone. Read our policy at: https://www.muw.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-policy
An equal opportunity employer.