Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
Provides clerical support to the Full Service School Coordinator and other personnel assigned to the Full Service Schools (FSS) site.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Designs, implements and/or manages office administrative systems and procedures which ensure efficiency and effectiveness of an assigned FSS site
- Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, etc. for the Coordinator and others as requested. Ensures all correspondence is grammatically correct and free of errors
- Answers phones and directs all calls to the correct individual, taking messages if staff is not available
- Notifies Oversight Committee members of any meetings; records, types and distributes minutes to committee members
- Functions as receptionist for the center, greeting and directing walk-in clients to appropriate individuals
- Sorts and delivers mail within the site
- Enters all required data into database; ensures that information is correct
- Maintains calendars and itineraries for personnel at the FSS site
- Maintains general office and client records as directed
- High school diploma and five (5) years of experience as a proven successful, multi-tasked administrative assistant in a busy environment
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities in order to manage multi-tasked responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships in the work environment
- Good language arts skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Windows Applications
- Ability to utilize computer software programs, to include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Provide guidance and assistance to the professional staff at the Full Service Schools site, Volunteer members of the Oversight Committee and FSS clients
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.