Inland Empire United Way (IEUW) is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, IEUW builds brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. IEUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community and who are looking to be part of a dynamic team working to make EPIC changes in the Inland Empire.
Through interaction with ieVolunteers and other programs, Inland Empire United Way receives a number of visitors each day, both individually and in groups. The Receptionist will serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them as is appropriate. The Receptionist will also answer and direct incoming phone calls, handle company inquiries, provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks, and assist in the monitoring of IEUW’s outdoor security camera system as needed. This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the President/CEO.
Essential Functions – 80-90%
- Answer phones in a professional manner, routing calls as necessary; take and relay messages as needed
- Provide callers with information such as address, directions to location, fax numbers, company website and other related information
- Greet visitors with a positive, helpful attitude
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist visitors in finding their way around the office
- Announce callers as required
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting visitor badges as necessary, and maintaining visitor logs
- Monitor external camera security system, working in conjunction with Office Manager
- Maintain IEUW event calendar/schedule meetings and conference rooms
Secondary Functions – 10-20%
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks such as letter writing, copying, faxing, message handling, reports, data input, preparing mailers and maintenance of marketing materials
- Prepare meeting rooms as directed
- Maintain reception area and visitor coffee stations
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree preferred; prior experience as a receptionist ideal
- Excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills required
- Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good time-management skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Mostly sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
Wage and Benefits
Wage $15.00/hour, payable bi-weekly. Benefits include vision, dental, medical, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick-leave.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls or agencies please.
“Inland Empire United Way is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screen and drug test results.”
THIS COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY