The Community Foundation of Volusia-Flagler Counties, a division of the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties seeks an energetic self-starter committed to using data to solve problems to serve as the Foundation Support Specialist. The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Strong internal and external communication skills, written and verbal
- Competency to learn and effectively utilize various technology systems
- Excellent multi-tasker with ability to prioritize to execute on deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in data management
- Organize, interpret, and present data in a professional way
- Ability to professionally interact with senior management and volunteers
- Proven experience in coordinating meetings and/or events
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range - $40,000 – 45,000, plus incentive
- 80% employer paid health insurance
- 2% company retirement contribution plus 5% match
- 3 weeks paid vacation in first year
- Hybrid work schedule
- Family and medical leave of up to 8 weeks fully paid
- Employer-sponsored trainings and certifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Listens to the needs, interests, and passions of the donor with an eye towards connecting them with community work.
- Prioritize and support the philanthropic goals of donors by developing individualized plans for success.
- Drive revenue through special events such as the Celebration of Philanthropy, Financial Symposium, donor engagement events, and others.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Practices strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understands the relationship between the United Way and the Community Foundation and actively utilizes all available resources to respond to donor goals.
- Maintain the Community Foundation’s donor relationship system by updating relationship profiles and coordinating a communications plan for donors.
- Provide an awesome experience by timely execution of the granting process including communication and internal process for efficiency.
- Manage and maintain portions of the Community Foundation’s FIMs database.
- Provides excellent service to United Way and Foundation volunteers.
Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Considers new opportunities to achieve goals and drives improvement in process.
- Stays current in the technical aspects of charitable giving including tax law, technology, etc.
- Recognizes the power of effective stewardship (thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gift, keeping them apprised of progress on the community work it is intended to address and deepening the relationship) and assists with development and implementation of plans to steward donors of all giving levels.
Business Development and Sales
- Designs and distributes Community Foundation materials including donor communications (newsletters, educational emails, brochures, etc.), impact reports, board materials and reports, and other marketing items.
- Creates and presents written or verbal information about donor options in a professional and compelling way.
- Assist the Foundation staff with Foundation’s software development tools for presenting gift analyses to donor prospects.
- Assist the Foundation staff with donor proposals.
- Builds organizational capacity through volunteer collaboration and to develop high-impact, meaningful volunteer opportunities that increase revenue, impact, outcomes, and influence.
- Provides professional communication to volunteers and assists with orientations.
- Prepare materials for regular organizational board meetings including agendas, reports, and reading materials if necessary.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 1-2 years of experience in event management, nonprofit management, development, database management, or other field.
Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
Professional and polished presentation skills.
Written and oral communication proficiency.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Direct Reports – N/A
Date last reviewed/revised: 12/14/2022