Position Title: Foundation Support Specialist
Reports To – Director of Philanthropic Services
FLSA Status – Exempt - Classification – Full Time
The Foundation Support Specialist is responsible for event management, administration of certain portions of the FIMs Database system, board and donor communications, and activity with the goal of building the Foundation’s assets and achieving its revenue objectives. The United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties’ core values are purpose, innovation, collaboration, and service. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Listens to the needs, interests, and passions of the donor with an eye towards connecting them with community work.
- Prioritize and support the philanthropic goals of donors by developing individualized plans for success.
- Build net managed assets by achieving annual sales goals by knowing planned giving vehicles and practical ways to implement them.
- Drive revenue through special events such as the Herbert M Davidson (HMD) Awards, Financial Symposium, donor engagement events, and others.
- Promote the EDGE fund through connecting with community residents who value the role of United Way’s support of the Community Impact Model.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Practices strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understands the relationship between the United Way and the Community Foundation and actively utilizes all available resources to respond to donor goals.
- Maintain the Community Foundation’s donor relationship system by updating relationship profiles and coordinating a communications plan for donors.
- Provide an awesome experience by timely execution of the granting process including communication and internal process for efficiency.
- Manage and maintain portions of the Community Foundation’s FIMs database.
- Is visible and known in the community by attending events, participating in professional organizations, and civic groups.
Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Considers new opportunities to achieve goals and drives improvement in process.
- Stays current in the technical aspects of charitable giving including tax law, technology, etc.
- Recognizes the power of effective stewardship (thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gift, keeping them apprised of progress on the community work it is intended to address and deepening the relationship) and develops and implements plans to steward donors of all giving levels.
Business Development and Sales
- Designs and distributes Community Foundation materials including donor communications (newsletters, educational emails, brochures, etc.), impact reports, board materials and reports, and other marketing items.
- Creates and presents written or verbal information about donor options in a professional and compelling way.
- Assist the Director of Philanthropic Solutions to utilize the Foundation’s software development tools for presenting gift analyses to donor prospects.
- Assist the Director of Philanthropic Solutions with donor proposals.
- Builds organizational capacity through volunteer collaboration and to develop high-impact, meaningful volunteer opportunities that increase revenue, impact, outcomes, and influence.
- Effectively utilizes Community Foundation board members’ expertise to advance goals of the Community Foundation.
- Provides professional communication to board members and hosts orientations for board members.
- Prepare materials for regular Community Foundation board meetings including agendas, reports, and reading materials if necessary.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or at least five (5) years of experience in event management, nonprofit management, development, or related field.
Experience in fund-raising, gift-planning, and/or sales activity in a non-profit or for-profit setting.
Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
Ability to follow through and close on new accounts.
Professional and polished presentation skills.
Written and oral communication proficiency.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Direct Reports – N/A
Salary Range: $38,000 – $42,000 annually depending on experience.
United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, Inc. - Daytona Beach, FL
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.