United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region (UWDOR)
Position Title: Food Security Project VISTA
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Date: November 2023
Full Job Description:
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange’s mission is to support the health, education, and the financial stability of every person in our community. The proposed VISTA project will build, enhance and expand UWDOR’s efforts to increase the number of BIPOC individuals and families with improved access to nutritious food.
The VISTA project will seek to:
• Increase community awareness and support for program objectives by conducting community outreach.
• Recruit, train, and manage corporate and community volunteers to enhance food access initiatives.
• Expand presence of Volunteer Portal in community
• Expand and strengthen partnerships and networks with organizations working to achieve similar goals.
Overview of Responsibilities:
This VISTA member will contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities that will enhance and develop United Way's Food Security Project. Such tasks will include:
• Attend community coalition meetings and identify best practices.
• Research/review resource development strategies and systems for food programs at UWDOR and partners.
• Other activities that will increase organizational capabilities to remove economic barriers for individuals and families over the course of the year.
Field of Service:
• Community and Economic Development
• Community Outreach
• Education award upon successful completion of service
• Health coverage
• Stipend or Living Allowance
• Professional development opportunities
• Car recommended
• Permits attendance at school during off hours
• Permits working at another job during off hours
• If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Clark at 845-471-1900 X3128.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.