UNITED WAY OF KING COUNTY
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We are a team of creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. We are collaborative in nature and are seeking a colleague with their own set of sought-after skills to make us better together.
We are seeking to fill a Financial Support Services Assistant, a term-limited role through February 28, 2021. This role will be working in the Operations and Administration Team and will report to the Financial Support Services Supervisor.
As member of a flexible and cross trained Support Services team, this position analyzes and prepares contribution or constituent data and gifts for processing by another team or for delivery/reporting to an external customer, donor or other United Way team.
Position encounters new and varied work situations based on changes in contribution data, the complexity of account and system requirements and the nature of a highly cross-trained team environment. Job involves a medium degree of complexity or difficulty due to continuing need to improve processes and determine the best use of resources for the most effective and efficient handling of incoming data. Position operates independently with minimal supervision. Decisions are sometimes made by a group process format and sometimes on an independent basis. Supervisor reviews only the major decisions. Decisions are made within prescribed operating/tactical guidelines. Job continuously evaluates and implements process improvements. Errors in work can adversely affect accurate financial statements, designation payouts, fundraising efforts and donor opinions of United Way of King County.
Work is performed in an office environment, using the computer and under constant time requirements and constraints.
The essential function of this role:
- Receives, analyzes, prepares, audits and routes incoming pledges, cash, checks, EFT’s and contribution data files for processing based on review of open pledges receivable, processing requirements, information from internal data systems and data downloaded from external web portals.
- Prepares deposits of cash and checks, enters contribution and related information into electronic forms on behalf of donors as needed, extracts, manipulates and standardizes electronic data files to prepare for or support processing, submits requests for gift, pledge and payment adjustments, and tracks follow-through.
- Maintains and updates donor and agency accounts, company processing expectations and other constituent or contribution related information in data management systems/databases using a variety of methods.
- Works with other departments and teammates to research and resolve internal and external inquiries.
- Performs QA and takes steps to mitigate errors in gift and constituent data based on ongoing review of data integrity.
- Prepares reconciliations, reports and analysis related to donor gifts and related data sets for internal and external use and to support business decisions.
- May provide external customer support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to analyze data and turn it into insight
- Effective time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize independently based on team goals and customer expectations
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and data sources
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing team environment
- Ability to perform intermediate business math and accurate data entry
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
Education and/or Experience:
Associates’ degree, or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, or a related field. Must have at least three years’ experience in a data processing or office administration. Cash handling experience preferred.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
Hourly Range: $22.32 - $24.32