Purpose of Position
Orange County United Way seeks an experienced, bilingual (English and Spanish) Financial Success Coordinator to provide remote financial coaching and case management for parents of RH Dana Elementary School and residents of Dana Point as part of a pilot program. Coordinator will conduct outreach, meet participant enrollment goals, facilitate 1:1 online financial coaching and case management, present online financial literacy workshops, and work towards the successful completion of the program for all participants. Program goal is to serve 100 families over the course of 12 months (~25/per quarter) starting January 2021.
This is a one-year grant funded full-time (37.5 hours/week) position that reports to the Income Manager, SparkPoint OC.
The ideal candidate is extremely passionate about educating community residents and possesses a strong knowledge of personal finance, public assistance benefits and other community resources to support families to go from surviving to thriving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the main point person for aspects of program administration and communication with participants
- Conduct remote outreach events and orientations to recruit participants and meet program enrollment goals
- Manage referral and enrollment process to ensure timely response and appropriate tracking of services
- Coordinate and track services and outcomes to conform with funder established reporting requirements
- Individual Financial Coaching:
- Develop individualized action plans for families that address financial, education, housing, employment and other service needs
- Using designated evaluation tools and program database, survey each participant, providing them with a household “snapshot” of their financial wellness at the beginning of their program, as well as a 6-month post program survey
- Assist participants in developing financial, educational and housing goals and work with them to develop a plan to achieve them
- Review credit reports with participants and provide guidance on repairing credit and/or improving credit score
- Establish effective relationships with participating individuals and families to assist them in achieving program goals
- Work cooperatively with and make appropriate referrals to other agency’s staff to reinforce and support participants’ goals
- Encourage clients to learn more about the SparkPoint OC financial coaching program
- Fluent, bilingual in English and Spanish required (reading, writing, speaking)
- Experience providing Financial Literacy education required – financial literacy certification(s) preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make a sale
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to represent program and Orange County United Way with public/private partners
- A doer and team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, and energetic
- A decisive and resourceful individual with the willingness to accept responsibility and take charge of results; able to work successfully with limited resources
- Reliable internet connection and a quiet workspace free of disruptions
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including some evenings and Saturdays
- The passion to deliver as a remote worker, accustomed to that work style, though ideally you are also located in Southern California for on-site availability as needed
- Knowledge of issues affecting low- to moderate-income households and communities
- Ability to promote the use of coaching and cultural sensitivity in engaging participants
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Zoom
- At least three years of related professional experience (work with public/private sector leaders/decision makers, leadership in the community, and fundraising).
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Administration, or related social science or equivalent
- Access to a car, California Driver's License, car insurance and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this role. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Set-up and take down for donor engagement events. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer. Participation in early morning and evening meetings and events will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send resume & cover letter to:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614