United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region's mission is to support the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. The proposed VISTA project aligns with the economic opportunity focus area.
The VISTA project will seek to:
- Support and enhance the pilot programs of the Empire State Poverty Reduction Initiative (ESPRI) program sites and further the work of the Financial Stability Project.
- Create future opportunities for capacity building and expansion of the Hudson Valley CASH Coalition.
- Foster sustainability planning and measures for continuation of the project and success thereof.
The VISTA project seeks to benefit at least 7,000 low income individuals and families.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Three VISTA members will contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities that will enhance develop United Way's Financial Stability Project (FSP). Such tasks will include:
- Promoting financial literacy
- Developing workshops
- Capacity building of the Hudson Valley CASH Coalition
- Other activities that will increase organizational capabilities to remove economic barriers for individuals and families over the course of the year.
FIELD OF SERVICE
- Community and Economic Development
- Community Outreach
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health coverage
- Stipend or Living Allowance
- Professional development opportunities
- Car recommended
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Clark at 845-471-1900 x3128
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO email@example.com