United Way of Northern Utah Mission: We Unite people and organizations to build a healthy, and well-educated community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Living in a low-income household can have adverse effects on a myriad of factors in an individual’s life. It can lead to poor physical, emotional, and behavioral health. It can negatively impact educational outcomes. And it can impact the opportunities an individual has to achieve economic mobility. United Way focuses on supporting families in Education, Income, and Health, and we are seeking a Network Facilitator to address these challenges.
In this role, you will have support from senior leadership as well as join a strong team of facilitators doing similar work in health and education outcomes. Network Facilitators work to improve whole community outcomes. This means our core function is to work with community partners to develop solutions that improve the lives of large numbers of people, rather than focusing on a single program.
Over the course of the first 90 days in this role, there will be two primary requirements. First, to work with the Network Facilitation team to develop your competencies in this role, and second, to assist in a “landscape analysis” of work in both financial stability and Secondary School Success, specifically middle school, the transition to high school, and successful completion of high school
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Key Responsibilities - First 90 days
1. Work with colleagues as a co-facilitator in existing network meetings to develop your skills as a facilitator of population-level change.
a. Review competencies associated with the role, learn to identify them and work to improve
b. Be willing to support others in their development of the skills
2. Assist in a landscape analysis of both financial stability and outcomes associated with secondary education (middle school through high school).
Key Responsibilities - Ongoing
1. Once the primary area of focus has been identified, lead all network work in this area:
a. Facilitate monthly network meetings with relevant partners
b. Focus population-level results through the combined efforts of all partner organizations
c. Support partners in building a results orientation of their work, as well as build capacity for continuous improvement
2. Work with partners, identify opportunities and/or solutions that can be implemented locally to improve outcomes for large numbers of Ogden and Weber County residents
3. Be willing and interested in working within the local political environment to understand multiple perspectives and expand what is possible in terms of financial stability.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Ability to build relationships, influence strategy, and drive improvement/results
2. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals with divergent perspectives and across the political spectrum
3. Fair-minded–comfortable discussing issues of race, socio-economics, and inequality in politically diverse settings
4. High standards of professional ethics and conduct
5. Excellent oral and written communication
6. Systems thinker
7. Independent worker and team player
8. Hard worker, organized, aware of both details and the big picture
9. Ability to plan, manage, and follow through on multiple projects
10. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain outcome-driven programs
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (e.g. public health, education, social sciences, human services, etc.)
2. Experience facilitating diverse groups of individuals to an actionable and measurable outcome
3. Familiarity with work in financial stability
4. Proficient in multiple software platforms
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Proficient in data manipulation and visualization
1. Bicultural/bilingual English/Spanish
2. Master’s degree in a related field
3. 3-5 years working in human services or related field
4. Experience managing large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects
5. Experience with Results Based Accountability and Results Based Facilitation
6. Experience managing large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.