OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
Under the supervision of the Manager, Financial Stability Initiatives, help promote access to programs and education that strengthen the financial foundation for local families with special focus on increasing awareness of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), assisting with the management of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and conducting outreach for the Bank On Greater Orlando Coalition.
- Assist with VITA volunteer recruitment, training and onboarding internal and external volunteers, including volunteer tax preparers/quality reviewers/coordinators to serve at VITA sites.
- Complete required VITA trainings and certifications to include: Volunteer Standards of Conduct, Intake/Interview & Quality Review, Site Coordinator and Advanced Tax Preparer.
- Promote EITC/VITA awareness through developing and facilitating outreach presentations.
- Assist with the planning, development and implementation of technologies and protocols to safely operate VITA sites.
- Coordinate distribution of VITA equipment including electronics, PPE, ink, etc.
- Coordinate the MyMoney text messaging campaign.
- Provide guidance and support to VITA site coordinators including assisting with tax preparation and/or providing Quality Reviews at underserved sites.
- Assist with planning/facilitating special events that promote financial stability, including inviting participants, managing responses, and arranging logistical details (e.g. – room/virtual reservations, food, materials, etc.).
- Schedule and facilitate outreach presentations to promote access to safe and affordable banking services on behalf of the Bank On Greater Orlando Coalition.
- Build relationships with non-profit, governmental, and business partners to promote Bank On to their constituents.
- Provide support to events designed to promote Bank On and register residents for services.
- Assist with tracking data and creating reports related to outputs and outcomes related to Bank On activities.
- Serve as a backup resource for banking and financial empowerment issues.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Nonprofit experience or experience related to financial stability preferred.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellence in communications, including written and verbal.
- Must be able to prioritize heavy workload in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as general Internet and electronic communications.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 30 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required as this position will travel throughout Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact. Elements of this position may be performed remotely.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. You may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or management. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Employees moving into this position work on a ninety (90) day introductory basis after assuming these responsibilities.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.