United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is bringing together powerful partnerships to build lasting social change in our community. We implement data-driven, equitable practices to eliminate barriers to success, and create opportunities and solutions that assist people to achieve their goals, dreams, and human potential. Our workplace is fast-paced, progressive, innovative, friendly, and adaptive. At UWSL we believe in celebrating success, learning from failure, and setting ambitious goals. And, the work we are doing in our community is creating change that will last for years to come. Our wages are competitive, the benefits package is comprehensive, and perks like flexible schedules and staff parties make every day unique. We have also been named one of Utah Business's Best Places to work, three years running.
The Financial Services Specialist works under the direction of the Controller and CFO: performs data entry, data processing, online pledge processing, agency payouts, thank you letters, patriot act compliance documentation, customer service, and coordinates with others to obtain and maintain accurate records.
1. Data entry – process corporate and individual pledge forms in UWSL’s database
2. Set up and process electronic campaign sites – oversee and process all electronic workplace campaigns. Must maintain accurate reports of all online campaigns
3. Payouts – generate reports, import data, and mail checks to agencies on a quarterly basis. Track agency IRS status with each payout, mailing Patriot Act Compliance forms when necessary. Must maintain accurate filing of records and forms
4. Intake and mail –responsible for the intake of all workplace campaigns from Community Investment Advisors. Sign off on reports and create/take deposits for any cash/checks received. Open incoming mail daily with the receptionist
5. Customer service – respond to questions/comments from donors or agencies via email or telephone; work closely with Employee Campaign Managers during online workplace campaigns, etc.
6. Perform other duties as assigned
● Experience with CRM database software
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
● Proven customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact appropriately with various personalities
● Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
● Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
● High School Diploma
● 1-2 years office experience
● Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
● Experience with CRM software
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 15lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
This is a non-exempt position; salary depending on experience.
Please visit https://uw.org/about/careers/ to apply for our current openings. A complete application will include a resume and cover letter. You may contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding employment opportunities. NOTE: The statements in th