United Way of Miami Dade is looking for a Financial Coach to provide the financial coaching function of the United Way Center for Financial Stability and assist with the integration into other United Way and community initiatives.
• Provide direct service including conducting trainings and one-on-one coaching, aimed at helping others build financial capability, change financial behavior, and achieve financial goals.
• Conduct and coordinate intake and holistic assessments of individual and family clients
• Educate clients on the value of financial capability services and engage clients in a longer-term coaching relationship as appropriate
• Assist clients in identifying and addressing current financial opportunities and challenges, while providing a holistic perspective on overall financial stability in order to help clients move towards proactive financial management and long-term success
• Develop individualized financial stability plans in collaboration with clients, assisting with goal-setting, money management, savings, credit building, debt management, utilization of financial services and products, tax preparation, benefit screening, employment services, etc.
• Identify and refer participants to other community resources and services, as needed, to achieve clients’ financial goals
• Identify, cultivate and maintain effective relationships with key providers of other community resources and services, coordinating efforts as needed in order to maximize client impact
• Review financial plans to identify needs/gaps
• Follow-up, monitor, and evaluate progress with clients
• Provide “warm” referrals to community resources and services, following-up with client and/or community partner as appropriate
• Ensure client’s physical and electronic files are accurate, up to date and secure
• Track and compile outcomes of services provided; provide information and prepare reports on a regular basis
• Learn new skills and techniques to promote high-quality services and impact
• Work with leadership to adapt coaching methods and tools in order to create more effective client and program outcomes
• Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• Perform outreach and attend events to market services, recruit clients and build relationships with partners
• Promote United Way Center for Financial Stability to the Miami-Dade community, local businesses, the social service community and other key groups
• Represent United Way at various community meetings, conferences, committees; attend and participate in UW special events to support our fundraising efforts.
• Understand United Way and effectively interact with other areas internally to maximize and leverage opportunities
• Due to leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly in times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required with major course work in business, management, social services, or related fields Experience Requirements: Experience and demonstrated success in serving at-risk and/or low-to-moderate income populations. Experienced and comfortable communicating one-on-one and with small groups of people on a variety of financial and miscellaneous topics.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong customer service skills required. Ability to function in a team environment. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish necessary .
To review a summary of our benefits, please view attachment below.
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer, to view our EEO statement, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).