We are looking for a team member possessing core finance, accounting, and leadership competencies to include: business acumen, financial aptitude, operational planning and execution, and leadership. Integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented are the values our staff uphold that motivate and inspire our work.
Key areas of responsibility include developing and managing the operating budget and multi-year plan, financial and business reporting and forecasting, ensuring proper controls of financial and non-financial resources, and adherence to United Way Worldwide reporting guidelines.
- Direct all financial activities to maintain the fiscal health of the organization.
- Maintain detailed financial records for preparation of monthly financial reports and reconciliation, daily accounting process and activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, profit & loss reporting, and cash flow analysis.
- Prepare and monitor the annual & cost center budgets to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Work closely with audit firm in preparation of annual audit and IRS 990.
- Maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Provide staff support to Finance Committee and Board Treasurer.
- Staff liaison for all banking relationships.
- Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and board of directors to support the UW Community Impact model.
- Enter and maintain financial portion of donor database.
- Oversee and manage pledge and gift processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university required; five years of professional finance and accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA a plus.Examples of acceptable fields of study include business administration, management, accounting, and finance. Experience working in nonprofit accounting.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial statement reporting, budgeting, and fund accounting.
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Ability to learn & work in complex database software.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and function effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional oral & written communications.
- Ability to consistently achieve excellence.
Non-profit accounting and grants management experience preferred.