- Oversight of the general accounting functions for United Way of Northwest Indiana including payables and receivables software to assure the accuracy of our records in accordance with sound accounting principles and established procedures.
- Responsibility for bill payment and funding payouts.
- Review and preparation of recurring financial month end statements and reports.
- Analytical reporting as needed.
- Supervises all accounting and pledge processing functions in QuickBooks.
- Shared supervision of Office Volunteers, Front Office Coordinator, off site Bookkeeping & Donor Database Processors.
- Data entry and processing of all vendor payments.
- Accuracy of vendor data.
- Work with the Sr. Accountant to assure all Andar designated payments are processed.
- Develop, review, and recommend changes in Accounting processes as needed.
- Assist with maintenance of United Way’s network and computer systems support.
- Such other duties that may be assigned by the VP of Finance & Administration.
- Management of cash receipts.
- Oversight of monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Review daily balance of all bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Assist in the annual outside financial audit.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.
- Work with agencies and vendors to resolve any issues regarding payments.
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing in QuickBooks .
- Maintain central files and archives.
- Prepare various financial analyses as requested.
- Attend community events as needed.
- Participate whenever needed in corporate events, fundraisers and volunteer events.
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Writing Ability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Account Management
- Multi-functional, fast-paced, confidential office setting.
- Strong team work with collegial staff and volunteer relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable experience.
- Two (2) years of financial accounting experience in a commercial, not-for-profit or service agency.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of internal staff, as well as community and business leaders.
- 2 years QuickBooks experience (non-profit preferred).
- BS preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile/vehicle, vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to work beyond normal work hours and on weekends, as needed.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, as indicated and available.