Reporting directly to the President and CEO, The Finance Director is responsible for all accounting duties for the United Way of North Central Massachusetts (UWNCM), including but not limited to data processing, deposit preparation, account and bank reconciliations, financial statements and budget preparations. The Finance Director works closely with all UWNCM personnel to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting. The Finance Director produces and analyzes financial reports on a monthly/quarterly basis. This is a 20 hour per week position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete month-end close, process all general ledger entries as received on a monthly basis
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the attention of the President/CEO
- Reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Work closely with Treasurer to prepare/present bi-monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee
- Coordinate annual audit. Work closely with the audit team to ensure a complete and timely audit
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Supervise part time Bookkeeper
- Perform other duties as assigned by President/CEO
- Prepare yearly operating budget, working closely with UWNCM Treasurer and President/CEO
- Skills and Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years’ experience in general or non-profit accounting
- Expertise with QuickBooks accounting system and Andar Enterprise database
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, and communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
Benefits and Compensation
- $40-$45 dollars per hour
- 401K Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Holiday
- Family Friendly Flexible Environment
- Work Life Balance
Please send resume to Lisa Normandin at Lisa@uwncm.org .
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.