Maintain accurate accounting and personnel records. Performs all accounting functions including, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial statement preparation. Responsible for the campaign database by processing pledges and corresponding payments. Preparation of the annual budget and analyzing month to month expenditures. Invests the agency’s assets. Files all required United Way Worldwide reports to maintain membership accountability. Responsible for internal and grant-related financial reporting. Works with auditors to produce an accurate annual audit and IRS 990 form.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all accounting functions including preparation of monthly financial statements, processing accounts payable and creating monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Maintain pledge database by entering all pledge detail into campaign software, billing donors, and analyzing pledge receivables at year end
- Maintain internal controls
- Maintain asset records and depreciation schedules
- Management of grants including government invoicing and financial reporting
- Responsible for processing payroll, filing all tax reports, year-end W2s, maintaining personnel records, handling employee benefits and time off requests
- Work with auditors to produce an annual audit and accurate IRS 990
- File all required United Way Worldwide reports for membership accountability
- Prepare annual budget and keep each department up to date with monthly expenditures
- Provide annual allocation amount for agencies, process monthly agency allocation payments and designation payments
Minimum Education – Associates Degree
Minimum Experience – 2-3 years with prior accounting experience and knowledge of accounting functions and basic human resources. Able to prepare accurate financial statements. Need basic computer skills and prefer prior experience maintaining a database. Need an understanding of the difference between non-profit and for-profit accounting practices.
Knowledge Required – Accounting background. Basic Human Resources and knowledge of employee benefits. Preferred – Non-profit accounting experience and government grant management. Computer Skills Required – Proficient in Microsoft Suite and an Accounting Software. Preferred – Prior Peachtree experience and working with a database management software.
Abilities Required – work independently, problem solver, effective communication skills, prioritize workflow and projects, maintain confidentiality, and able to adapt to change and do multiple tasks in a day.
Application Deadline: February 18, 2022
A letter of interest and resume are required for all applicants, and can be sent to:
GRUW-Executive Director, 1855 East Main St, Onalaska WI 54650
For more information about this position or about Great Rivers United Way, please visit our website at gruw.org.
Great Rivers United Way is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals.