United Way of Western Connecticut
Employment Opportunity- Danbury, CT
Finance Associate – Part Time
United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Finance Associate. This is a part time position (20 hours per week) based in our Danbury, CT office.
The Finance Associate role is a part-time, 20 hours per week position and reports directly to the CFO. This position, with direction of the Accounting Manager, follows standard operating procedures to assist in the processing of donor pledges, pledge payments and donor designations; assists with the maintenance of accounts receivable by performing a variety of data entry tasks and pre-entry editing of source documents. The position also serves as administrative support for the finance department. Supports and assists the finance department in achieving financial goals through customer service excellence including Accounts Payable and Payroll Administration. This position is in the Danbury office but is regional and may require occasional travel to Stamford and New Milford offices.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Reviews campaign pledge & payment information for accuracy. Distribute payroll donor payments to accounting manager with reports.
- Obtains all back up for EFT’s checks and pledges.
- Inputs campaign data: donor pledge, designation information and donor payment data into CRM database; establishes new accounts in system as needed.
- Maintains constituent records (i.e., name, address, phone number, email address).
- Opens all finance mail and logs checks into check login spreadsheet.
- Flag's donor gifts acknowledgements in CRM system based on United Way of Western Connecticut’s established guidelines (general, corporate, leadership, special events).
- Acts a backup for executive assistant for reception and office support functions.
- Send Patriot Act forms to new agencies and follow up process to ensure timely receipt for payouts.
- Assists with the accounts payable function as needed including stuffing and mailing vendor checks, coding, and entering AP invoices into accounting software, scanning, and emailing credit card statements to staff and filing AP invoices.
- Assists with meeting preparation for Finance Committee meetings including packet preparation, scheduling, and meeting minutes.
- Performs other related campaign/clerical duties as needed.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience (Non-Profit a plus)
- One-year entry level accounting/bookkeeping/banking experience and strong numerical aptitude.
- Data entry proficiency of numeric and alphabetical characters.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with software packages such as Microsoft Office 365 and office machines. Intermediate Excel preferred.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new databases and software packages
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management database desired
- Self-starter with ability to anticipate needs and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail; ability to conceptualize and develop strategies.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Resume cover letter and salary requirements should be submitted to Arlene Ajami, CFO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statements in this Job posting are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.