Job Title: Finance Associate
Classification: Part-time / Non Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance
Position Summary: To support the Director of Finance with daily financial transactions for United Way of Indian River County [UWIRC] and the Foundation [UWF] by processing payables, pledge invoices, transactions and other duties listed below. Under general direction, perform administrative work related to the federal CARES Act grants. The position is currently part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) and the pay rate is $18.00-$20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Prepare monthly payments (electronic fund transfers) to funded partners and semi-monthly payroll ACH batches.
- Process accounts payable and assure proper internal controls and backup. Maintain electronic and on site and off site records supporting such disbursements.
- Desktop deposit and deliver deposits to the bank when needed.
- Process and mail pledge reminders on a monthly basis.
- Process annual 1099s and maintain W9s.
- Process payables and receivables for community initiatives, start-ups or incubated agencies (i.e. – Senior Collaborative).
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of claim reports, screening and processing requests for expenditures from subgrantees and ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the county.
- Monitor programs funded by CARES Act to ensure compliance with CARES Act guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of documentation and reporting.
- Work with subcontracted agencies to ensure timely and accurate receipt of data.
- Conduct quality control on received data and work with subcontracted agencies on corrections as needed.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings and Staff Meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, including but not limited to spreadsheet maintenance.
- Seek support from the Director of Finance when necessary
- Other Duties:
- Staff a panel during the Citizens Review Process.
- Presence at most UWIRC events is required.
- Assist with the agency’s disaster response efforts.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates working towards their Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years’ nonprofit work experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office (especially MS Excel) is preferred.
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to communicate effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, community partners, and volunteers; to present facts clearly and concisely.
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations set forth in grant agreements.
- Ability to interpret and follow policies and procedures, grant awards and allocation processes.
- Ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Exceptional time management; analytical problem-solver; effective communicator.
- Ability to work under supervision within defined guidelines and goals.
- A reliable and enthusiastic team player.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions.
- Exhibits high personal standards of integrity, honesty and character.
- Easily move between being an independent self-starter and collaborative team member.
- Presents a high degree of maturity, reliability and self-confidence.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
United Way of Indian River County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Melissa Ogonoski, email@example.com