Trident United Way's mission states that we are a catalyst for transformative community change through collective impact, a systematic approach in which many partners agree in advance on how they will approach the issue at hand and how they will determine success. These collaborations require a backbone organization to manage the partnership and ensure communication among the partners. Trident United Way often plays that backbone role. Our collaborative efforts are more than simply philanthropic – they are also strategic and data-driven. We know that the MORE educated, financially stable and healthy individuals are, the MORE our communities benefit. Our ‘More-is-More’ approach gives everyone involved the opportunity to unite and make real strides in creating lasting change right here at home.
Trident United Way staff and volunteers are devoted to raising the financial and human resources necessary to do this transformational work. We know the importance and value of our Human Capital and are deeply committed to enhancing our corporate culture, while serving our community, with every new hire. We hope that you want to join our progressive and committed organization, so please, do not hesitate and apply today.
Trident United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an employee base of 36-40 FTE's. We offer a full range of benefits: 401(k), Health (HDHP or PPO option), HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick/Personal/Vacation days along with eight (8) paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at TUW will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TUW does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
A note from the finance team:
Working at Trident United Way is challenging, engaging and rewarding. The Finance department supports the organization’s mission in several key focus areas by keeping the financial engine running and data up to date. We work closely as a team, and we work hard, but we also know the value of humor. Our relationships with team members from all areas of the organization are dynamic in nature, and our work can often include opportunities to reach out and support the other departments within the organization in various ways. We know that work life balance is important, and we are very supportive of each other to maintain this balance.
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Reports To (Title):
Chief Financial Officer
Date Last Reviewed:
The Finance Associate is responsible for data input associated with financial records for campaign gifts and payments, processing gift deposits, and other duties as assigned.
- Process donor contributions, including cash, checks, credit cards and campaign pledges
- Record contributions on donor records in CRM system (Andar)
- Manage and resolve issues or exceptions that arise during processing by communicating with internal staff promptly and reaching agreement regarding resolution within a timely manner
- Assist with review of vendor invoices and other accounts payable requests for proper approvals and account coding for processing
- Understand and manage data in electronic file folders and paper filing; assist with continuous effort to become paperless
- Follow documented processes accurately and create/update process documentation records
- Track, set, monitor and prioritize due dates and tasks in gift processing and accounts payable
- Cross-train with Finance Specialist
- Participate as a champion, project lead, and/or member of organizational teams as requested
- Complete Andar training as appropriate when offered
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in finance/accounting setting
- Minimum of two years’ data entry experience
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to increase efficiency and continuous review of processes
- Comfort with repetitive data entry of similar items
- Ability to be analytical and problem solve proactively
- Ability to focus in a busy, open office atmosphere
- Willingness to take on new tasks and be adaptive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, in both speech and writing with all staff, including senior management, vendors, and team members
- Comfort working in a diverse work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Blackbaud Financial Edge or other financial accounting software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects, within the office setting and relating to the position.
- Must frequently use typical office equipment (telephone, multi-functional devices, postage meter, etc.).
- Most of time spent at desk.
- Communicates with constituents, staff, and/or partners by phone and in person.
- Routinely required to be mobile within the office.
- Primarily works in a climate-controlled office-based setting.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.