GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Reports To (Title):
The Finance Associate is responsible for data input associated with financial records including the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and campaign pledges, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Process campaign contributions, including cash, checks, credit cards and pledges
- Download and process electronic deposits from the bank statement and credit card activity
- Record contribution deposits into CRM system (Andar)
- Manage and resolve issues or exceptions that arise during processing by communicating with internal staff promptly and reaching agreement regarding solutions
- Prepare campaign contribution deposits before submitting to Finance Specialist
- Review vendor invoices and staff reimbursement requests for proper approvals and code for processing
- Understand and manage data in electronic file folders and paper filing
- Follow documented processes accurately and create/update process documentation as requested
- Cross-train accounts payable function with Finance Specialist
- Maintain organization’s office equipment records, including postage and copier accounts, and manage related assigned vendor relationships
- Participate as a champion, project lead, and/or member of organizational development teams as require
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college experience preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience accounting setting
- Minimum of two years’ data entry experience
- Excellent attention to detail and comfort with repetitive data entry of similar items
- Ability to be analytical and solve problems proactively
- Ability to focus in a busy, open office atmosphere
- Willingness to take on new tasks and be adaptive
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, in both speech and writing with senior management, vendors, and team members
- Comfort working in a diverse work environment
- Basic Microsoft Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- This job requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker must frequently use typical office equipment (telephone, copier, printer, fax, etc.).
- Worker sits most of the time.
- Worker communicates with constituents, clients, and/or partners by phone and in person.
- Routinely required to walk and seldom travel by car.
Primarily works in a climate controlled office-based setting.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.