We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For
Do you enjoy working with numbers and data? Are you the type of person who takes pride in getting the details right and is excited to support programs that help families thrive in greater New Haven? Are you enthusiastic about using your organizational talents as a force for good in our community?
United Way is seeking a part-time Finance Assistant who is passionate and organized to support our finance department with Accounts Payable and other finance functions.
This is a part-time, 20 hour/week, hourly position. The pay range is $20 - $22/hour.
What You Will Do
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and disbursements; input into MIP Abila accounting system utilizing proper coding for departments and grants
- Record daily cash receipts
- Assist with reconciling cash receipts
- Review expense submissions from grant sub recipients
- Assist with data entry into accounting software
- General Accounting Support tasks
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need
- Associates Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles
- Numerical ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to multi-task and ability to prioritize, plan and coordinate responsibilities
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to these organizational values.
Initially this position will be on location in our offices in New Haven. Possible remote possibilities in the future. 20 hours/week during regular office hours with some flexibility regarding scheduled hours.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.