Purpose of Position:
The Finance and Operations Manager supports the President/CEO and oversees day-to-day financial activities for United Way. As a member of the United Way team, performance includes demonstration for the following accountabilities: communications, teamwork, job knowledge and leadership.
This position is at United Way of Wapello County in Ottumwa, Iowa. It does allow for some remote work, but travel to the Ottumwa office is required most weekdays.
The position is currently part-time, 20- 30 hours per week.
Pay rate is $18.00-$21.00 per hour depending on experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Works closely with the President/CEO
- Maintains all financial information and accounts
- Responsible for daily bank deposits
- Audit campaign batches and enters campaign information using Donation Tracker software which is linked to QuickBooks; balance accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly financial statements including analysis of budget variances and prior year comparisons
- Reconcile key accounts monthly
- Responsible for the payroll
- Handles accounts payable and receivable
- Works directly with accountant for annual audit
- Maintains an audit trail
- Monthly/quarterly/annual tax filing
- Assist in preparing annual budget with President/CEO and Finance Committee
- Prepares grant disbursement and designation reports; maintains compliance paperwork
- Year-end closing and new-year set up of books and files
- Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned
- Analyses select complex programs including developing budgets, monitoring multiple sources of funding and matching requirements
- Coordinates with program staff and prepares detailed financial information and updates the financial status of programs. Informs program staff of any issues that do not follow the proper scope of activities
- Develops and implements a monitoring system to ensure compliance with related federal rules and regulations
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness of existing systems and processes and develop strategies for system and process improvements
General Office Management
Perform administrative duties for the UWWC office and staff including answering phone, responding to requests and inquiries from a variety of constituents, maintaining inventory and ordering supplies and equipment
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 4 years of experience including 2 years of financial administration of federal grants.
Minimum requirement: Associates degree in Accounting or related field.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in QuickBooks, word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software including Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) as well as using the internet to conduct research, compare and analyze data, and provide others with needed information
- Must exhibit high degree of initiative, be self-directed and deadline-driven
- Able to complete multiple tasks, be flexible, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and maintain strict confidentiality
- Technical and analytic skills related to database management
Apply through the United Way Careers Portal, or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All questions can be directed to Ali Wilson, Exectutive Director, at email@example.com.