United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC) is committed to having a workforce that reflects our entire community. UWCC opposes racism and oppression in all its forms and believes the nonprofit work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with ideas come together to achieve common goals. UWCC understands that diverse representation and perspectives are vital to our success.
The Finance Administrator is accountable for assisting and supporting the financial initiatives for the United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC), ensuring stewardship of organizational resources, and supporting the organization’s mission to end poverty and improve economic mobility for the greater Charlotte area. UWCC partners with Children Family Services Center (CFSC) Shared Services team to execute the organization’s accounting functions. As a member of the finance team, this individual will be responsible for the daily finance functions outside of CFSC Shared Services’ scope of work, supporting the Director of Finance, and provides general administrative support. The Finance Administrator will work closely and collaboratively with others members of the UWCC team, CFSC staff, and external stakeholders to execute and ensure financial efficiencies and services. An ideal candidate would be a highly organized, strategic thinker and skilled learner committed to ensuring a high level of support, accountability and proven effectiveness in financial services.
Accountability and Responsibilities
- Consistently and thoroughly reviews invoices, check requests, vendor payments, employee expenses/mileage reimbursements, and employee credit card statements for accuracy, ensuring supporting documentation, departmental and account codes, and adherence to finance policies, sending final and approved work to CFSC for processing
- Supports the Finance and Audit Committee and Investment Committee, including scheduling, meeting preparation, review and distribution of pre-read materials and minutes, and day of set-up.
- Supports the external audit process by providing necessary documentation and supporting materials
- Creates, distributes and tracks requested invoices from internal staff
- Consistently manages the daily process of all incoming payments and gathers and maintains supporting documentation for each payment
- Collaboratively develops a positive working relationship with the CFSC Shared Services staff to improve and maintain streamlined processes and communications.
- Provides consistent and ongoing support to UWCC staff to ensure finance policies and procedures are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Effectively manages the inventory of credit card terminals that may be used for donations, special events, and other operations
- Serves as the system administrator and internal lead for the internal travel and expense management system, currently Concur
- Processes and distributes mail on a daily basis
- Represents the finance department as needed on strategic cross-functional teams
- Proactively learns and grows professionally through various avenues, but not limited to: online courses, in-person classes, seminars, conferences, books, etc.
- Serves as a proactive and contributing member to the UWCC team, performing duties and providing support outside of the functions listed above.
Equity & Inclusion
- Constantly learning & actively participating in programs, trainings, and discussions regarding racial inequities, exclusions, oppressions.
- Appreciation of and willingness to work with and advocate for people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Consistently seeks to learn and understand the specific experiences of historically marginalized racial groups in the U.S., particularly Black, Indigenous, and Latinx groups.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a finance and administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), internet research
- Experience working with Financial Edge and Concur preferred
- Take action and go! Be bold and not afraid of a little competition or thinking outside the box even when opportunities seem unimaginable. Create a new path one-step at a time, you got this!
- Openly collaborate in the pursuit of truth and doing what is right. Welcome tough conversations, don’t make assumptions, and rely on others, together we are stronger!
- Sometimes things just need a shake-up. Whether internally or out in the community, we aren’t afraid to be disruptive. Understanding that we may leave a few feathers ruffled along the way, if it is the right thing to do and benefits our community, we will take the chance!
- Inaction is the enemy of innovation. We are a perpetual work in progress, striving to be better, constantly learning and taking risk to be the best we can be. Learning from our mistakes and paving the way for continual betterment.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Bottom line, we need each other. Working together makes us all better individually and makes us awesome as a group. Understanding what others strengths and weaknesses may be and using that knowledge to guide, support, and model our work makes for a successful and high performing team.
- Recognizing and appreciating our differences only make us better. We all share in the responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect for all. Each member of our team will be a role model for others
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.