United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
TITLE: Family Engagement Ambassador, Dual Generation Initiative - Eastside
GRADE: IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dual Generations Systems Director
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE POSTED: April 8, 2021 EXPIRES: Until filled
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) is seeking to fill two Family Engagement Ambassador positions. These positions will be assigned to United Way’s Dual Generation Initiative, a multi-sector and multi-agency effort to support families with young children 0-10 years on San Antonio’s Eastside and Westside. The primary goals of this initiative are to support families to achieve financial independence through a holistic effort encompassing simultaneous high quality whole family supports in the areas of family coaching, workforce development, child and youth development, and family well-being. A diagram featuring the primary components of the work of the local San Antonio Dual Generation initiative is also available for review. For an overview of the concept of Two-Generation work see a high-level description by Ascend at the Aspen Institute. This position is specifically assigned to work with families living in the Eastside Promise Zone (ZIP codes 78202, 78203, 78205, 78208, 78210, 78215, 78218, 78219, 78220 and 78222).
The Family Engagement Ambassador is responsible for assisting the UW Grants Directors in overall project coordination and support, including maintaining all stakeholder and residents’ relations. The Family Engagement Ambassador will ensure United Way’s compliance with all programmatic and grant management aspects of the program that address all family, parent and resident engagement efforts. The Family Engagement Ambassador will support the Grant Directors in staffing practitioner meetings; organizing and facilitating resident meetings; communicating with residents and parents in the Eastside target areas. The role will also regularly collaborate with the Family Engagement Ambassador for the Westside Dual Generation Initiative effort (ZIP codes 78207, 78227, and 78237) and be involved in joint work affecting both the Eastside and Westside target areas. The Family Engagement Ambassador will also work closely with all staff that support the Dual Generation Initiative, MIECHV and HOPES grants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for Family Engagement programming and services that address the individual family’s needs and strengthen the family by promoting collaboration amongst staff, service providers, and the family to provide available resources and tools that holistically meet those needs to increase the family’s financial and economic stability.
- Assist the Grant Directors in overall project compliance with expectations of the Family Centered Community Change effort.
- Assist with the organization/administration of parent and program focus groups.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating practitioner meetings and periodic community meetings to include resident, parent engagement meetings, Parent Advisory Committee meetings and quarterly meetings in target schools, churches, neighborhood associations, etc.
- Coordinate and manage all parent and resident engagement efforts including outreach through community and Dual Generation events to help increase visibility, and accessibility of resources for families.
- Assist in the design and distribution of all project materials for training, outreach and education for all parent and resident engagement activities.
- Boost Dual Generation, HOPES III, and MIECHV activities through social media sharing.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all schools, parents, residents, and partners in the target neighborhood.
- Actively and professionally represent each referenced grant by recruiting and engaging future, current, and alumni parents to become involved in advocacy and other activities.
- Promote high quality parenting and family engagement educational opportunities for all families in all programs.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure successful impact achievement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three to five years community related work experience with parent and resident engagement experience preferred
- Bi-lingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred
- Background working with volunteers, parents and/or and residents
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to build public speaking and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access) proficiency preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Exposure to glare from a computer.
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with evening and weekend hours.
- Work remotely as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
- Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization with focus on relationships in the Dual Generation Initiative. Reports to the Dual Generation Systems Director.
- Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Community Engagement
- Compensation commensurate with applicant qualifications and experience.
- Applicant must be able to pass a required criminal background check through the State of Texas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org