When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: Seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA who will significantly advance our ongoing efforts, through a process of active commnity engagement, family advocacy and inter-organizational collaborations, help low income inner-city families take advantage of vocational and educational opportunities effectively moving them from poverty to self-sufficiency.
United Way of Central Jersey
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identify barriers (systemic and personal) the target population of unemployed or underemployed parents of young child encounter in obtaining employment at a sustainable wage.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Inventory outcomes of existing programs available to individuals possessing/mirroring the project’s target population; particularlyIdentifying the number beginning and completing programs; the number obtaining higher paying jobs and the number remainingIn the new job for 12 months or longer.Identify strategies to increase programs’ effectiveness and reach.
Empower parents of young children living in poverty to obtainemployment, improve their financial education and management skills and file state and federal tax returns on a timely basis.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.