As the area's premier impact organization, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region serves as a catalyst to increase the community's capacity to improve the lives of its citizens. Our aim is to support nonprofits in our region through investing in social change, recruiting and managing volunteers and providing economically disadvantaged individuals with basic necessities, material goods and professional training. We fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. We pride ourselves in having a culture in which staff, interns and volunteers can voice their ideas.
Marketing and Social Media Intern
Key Responsibilities: The intern will work within the Marketing Department to promote our brand and social media presence, while developing skills related to marketing, advertising, journalism and public relations.
*Please note this internship will be fully remote and requires that you have access to a reliable computer/internet and phone*
For this role in particular, access to editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Indesign is ideal
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, Emily Darrow.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Uploading and editing photos
• Creating engaging content for social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.)
• Creating/updating flyers and other marketing tools
• Updating the website
• Attending United Way virtual events
• Writing articles, letters, and content on promotional tools
• Attending meetings and taking notes
• Prepping for events—assisting with creating promotional materials, gathering marketing tools, putting together other needed materials
• Helping with other community projects as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Marketing, Communications (or related
• Excellent communication skills
To Apply: Email your Resume and Portfolio to Melissa Clark at email@example.com