As the area's premier impact organization, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region serves as a catalyst to increase the community's capacity to improve the lives of its citizens. Our aim is to support nonprofits in our region through investing in social change, recruiting and managing volunteers and providing economically disadvantaged individuals with basic necessities, material goods and professional training. We fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. We pride ourselves in having a culture in which staff, interns and volunteers can voice their ideas.
Community Impact Administrative Intern
*Please note this internship will be In Person*
Key Responsibilities: This intern will work within the Community Impact Department to assist with the administrative tasks, community outreach and engagement, and assist with United Way Days of Caring (Volunteer Events) and Days of Sharing (In-Kind Donation Program).
This position reports to the Senior Director of Community Impact
Key Performance Metrics:
• Responsible for assisting in coordinating United Way’s volunteer events throughout the semester.
• Attending virtual community outreach events and advocating the work of United Way to the community.
• Assisting the community impact staff with administrative tasks including but not limited to drafting letters of support, drafting thank you letters, data entry, phone calls, and file upkeep.
• Supporting the Days of Sharing In-Kind Donation Program by picking up donations, researching potential new retail partners, recruiting new attendees and managing the onsite donation center.
• Attend United Way virtual signature events throughout the semester and support with event planning.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Interest in nonprofit and community outreach work
• Attention to detail
• Strong computer & internet skills
To Apply: Email your Resume to Melissa Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org