The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain a clean working environment for all staff and visitors, ensuring all areas are safe.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reports to office from 8AM – 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday. Schedule may be adjusted from time to time at the discretion of supervisor.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms. Refill bathroom dispensers.
- Cleans, mops, washes, buffs and vacuums floors, including stairs.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen appliances and sinks.
- Cleans windows and window blinds.
- Cleans and polishes fixture
- Clean, dusts and wipe furniture. Vacuum if needed.
- Dusts doors, doorframes and baseboards.
- Ensure walls are free of dust and cobwebs.
- Sanitizes doorknobs and other surfaces, including stair handrails.
- Maintains stock of soft drinks and water in refrigerators.
- Sets up conference rooms with coffee/drinks for meetings, and monitors supply throughout event. Clean room following event, rearranging tables and chairs to original order. Wipe tables if needed.
- Lock and unlock building when needed. Secure building and check for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized entry, turn off lights and man the alarm system.
- Maintains outside walk areas, including sweeping debris and washing walkways.
- Assembles and repairs minor items as requested.
- Drives to and from various sites for picking up office supplies, groceries or to make deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous housekeeping and maintenance experience required.
- Must respond to and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to positively anticipate and respond to a changing environment, accepting multiple interruptions and redirections.
- Must be able to regularly move or lift and carry bags and boxes up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to drive/operate a car and provide proof of insurance coverage as required by law.
Additional Requirements for Hire:
- Proof and maintenance of a valid driver's license, with satisfactory driving record.
- Proof and maintenance of vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a Louisiana State Police background check.
- Must pass a drug test.