United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) seeks a proven development professional to manage and direct its resource development department and serve a key role on the organization’s executive management team. As the Executive Vice President of Resource Development, this individual is responsible for leading volunteer and staff teams to maximize fundraising and engagement efforts, and serving as a key member of the organization’s executive management team.
Interested, qualified individuals should submit a cover letter and resume showing alignment with the following job description.
For information about United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County, please visit Unitedwaysatx.org.
JOB TITLE: Executive Vice President, Resource Development
Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive long-range strategic and annual business plans focused on revenue generation and donor engagement. Manages teams responsible for annual campaigns, corporate relationship management, and individual donor engagement. Responsible for the leadership of volunteer and staff teams to ensure maximizing fundraising and engagement efforts including the annual campaign, workplace campaigns, major and leadership gifts, planned/endowment giving, individual donor engagement, affinity group engagement, and corporate engagement.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Serves as the staff partner for all revenue generation and donor engagement efforts for UWSA’s Board of Directors.
- Serves as a member on the Executive Team and has shared responsibility for the execution of the organization’s strategic and business plans.
- Provides general guidance and direction on the goals, objectives, and programs related to the UWSA Endowment Committee.
- Guides the development and implementation of the strategic and annual business plans for the resource development team.
- Represents the organization and provides leadership to United Way Network initiatives that enhance the performance of the United Way movement.
Staff and Volunteer Management/Coordination
- Manages and directs a staff team of 10+ individuals.
- Directly supervises members of the development team.
- Serves as the primary contact for the annual campaign chair and their representatives.
- Provides professional leadership to volunteer cabinets responsible for providing guidance and leadership in UWSA’s revenue generation and donor engagement efforts.
- Leads and coordinates the goals, objectives, and work to maximize the organization’s revenue streams. Areas include annual campaigns, workplace campaigns, non-traditional revenue streams, etc.
- Directs the organization’s efforts to secure support from individual contributors at all levels, including major gifts, leadership gifts, and others.
- Directs the efforts to secure corporate support through corporate/foundation giving, sponsorships, consumer engagement efforts through partners, etc.
- Directly manages the relationship and provides staff support to a number of corporations throughout the region.
- Directly manages the donor relationship with high net worth individuals to retain and increase their engagement and support of UWSA.
- Provides leadership to the organization’s revenue stream innovation work to strengthen position in the competitive philanthropic marketplace.
- Leads comprehensive customer relationship management efforts for corporations and individuals. Directly manages the program and activities as it relates to donors, potential donors, and the corporate community.
- Directs the individual engagement efforts through leadership societies and affinity groups to ensure comprehensive, seamless relationship development.
- Responsible for the strategy development and execution of a plan based on the corporate and individual engagement platforms and long-term objectives.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (RD) COMPETENCY MODEL
The leader is donor focused and results-driven, with a relentless focus on gaining financial resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact strategic objectives.
Strategic Relationship Management
The leader develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the financial resources necessary to support United Way’s mission, and builds trust and donor commitment to United Way.
Entrepreneurial and Innovative
This leader creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community. This leader is able to understand and contribute to the product development process, assess donor’s interest, and accurately convey those to cross-functional team.
Business Development and Sales
This leader plans, implements, and evaluates business development and sales efforts; uses multiple methods and various sources of information to identify and approach prospective donors, maintain positive relationships with existing donors, and bring organizational resources to bear on achieving donor and impact goals.
The leader works to build organizational capacity through volunteer collaboration and to develop high-impact, meaningful volunteer opportunities that increase revenue, impact, outcomes, and influence.
- Develop and manage the team’s operating budget. Ensure appropriate financial control and efficient administrative operation.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH
UWSA Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Endowment Committee, Executive Team, Major Donors, Corporate Leaders, General Public
Bachelor's Degree and ten years of experience in fundraising/development preferred. Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills; high level of knowledge of United Way practices and procedures desired. Strong relationship building and management experience.
RELATED CORE COMPETENCIES:
Organizational/Strategic Planning, Results-Driven, Leadership, People Management, Negotiation, Relationship Development
SUBMISSION OF RESUME:
Qualified, interested individuals are asked to submit a cover letter and resume showing alignment with the job description.